Automatic, ETA-Movement cal. 2892A2
Screwed Acrylic Glass, 5 mm
Screw-in Crown, 9 mm
Screwed Case Back
Screwed Band Attachments
Case: 42 mm x 47 mm x 18 mm
Screwed Stainless Steel Strap
Leather Strap

This hand made watch, made in Germany, is now available, complete with box, certificate, 2 straps (stainless steel + leather), screwdriver and catalogue, 2 years warranty.

Price: € 3200 Euro Germano & Walter

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Wow acrylic... hmm... oh well, VERY nice lookin' piece Lex, thanks for the intro!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These guys are a class act! :-!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Pietro told me about these awhile ago: it's a subsequent design to the earlier homage piece to the original Deep Sea. I've owned a few of Pietro's watches, they are amazing pieces, hand made by him in the shop. He only made 16 of the DS homages.
I've also got a few straps and belts from him :)
Thanks for posting.
DW

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've owned a few of Pietro's watches, they are amazing pieces, He only made 16 of the DS homages. Thanks for posting.
DW
Welcome, David. Do you have the 500m? That watch is stunning!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Love the look, and the Dome on the Crystal is gorgeous ,but 3200 Euro is right up there in Price with some very serious competition,

With a Crown that Big,some sort of crown guard might be needed too,as it is begging to be whacked off things ...LOL

Cheers,
Vic :)

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Do you have the 500m? That watch is stunning!

No, I don't have that one. I sold my DS homage because it was a bit too big and heavy for me, so it did not get worn much. The crystal on that thing was hugh!
I've still got one Germano, a PAM homage of the early kampfschwimmer with a Cali dial.

By the way, I believe the second crown on the T500 locks the bezel into position.
DW

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Just incredible, Lex. Never even heard of Germano & Walter before. Thanks for the post! The most interesting divers I've seen for a very long time. The T-500 looks great, as does the 500M with the smooth bezel. It is on their site, so I assume it is still available, and not an LE.:think: Man, I absolutely have to get one of these watches.:)

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just incredible, Lex. Never even heard of Germano & Walter before. Thanks for the post! The most interesting divers I've seen for a very long time. The T-500 looks great, as does the 500M with the smooth bezel. It is on their site, so I assume it is still available, and not an LE.:think: Man, I absolutely have to get one of these watches.:)

Most welcome Martin, Agreed and agreed! It's just incredible, such understated beauty! :-!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
It is on their site, so I assume it is still available, and not an LE.

Yes, the 2nd generation are still available. The first gen watches stopped at 16. An engraved bezel and a smooth bezel are available for the 500.

The company is quite interesting, Pietro started as a leather smith, making incredible straps, belts and other leather goods. He is also a vintage watch collector and has an incredible machine shop, as you can see on his site.
He started making homages to his favorite watches, vintage rolexes and panerais, and still makes the one-off pieces with vintage movements, from time to time, and has a new partner with whom he is making the new pieces.
DW

ps: attached are some photos of my kampfschwimmer with an older unitas movement. And Micah Dirksen sewed on a new strap.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Yes, the 2nd generation are still available. The first gen watches stopped at 16. An engraved bezel and a smooth bezel are available for the 500.

The company is quite interesting, Pietro started as a leather smith, making incredible straps, belts and other leather goods. He is also a vintage watch collector and has an incredible machine shop, as you can see on his site.
He started making homages to his favorite watches, vintage rolexes and panerais, and still makes the one-off pieces with vintage movements, from time to time, and has a new partner with whom he is making the new pieces.
DW

ps: attached are some photos of my kampfschwimmer with an older unitas movement. And Micah Dirksen sewed on a new strap.
David,

Thanks for the additional info, and the pics of that very nice kampfschwimmer.|> The 500 has gone straight to the top of my wants list; I will not rest until one is on my wrist.b-)

·
Registered
227 Posts
It looks really nice but... did you see how the watch fits the wrist?!:-x
Just awful. I wonder if it is really only 42-47mm...:-x
Never saw a watch with 42mm diameter overhang this much :think:

this just can't be only 42-47mm - something is wrong.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks really nice but... did you see how the watch fits the wrist?!:-x
Just awful. I wonder if it is really only 42-47mm...:-x
Never saw a watch with 42mm diameter overhang this much :think:

this just can't be only 42-47mm - something is wrong.

Yeah it does look big, lug - lug is 47mm, no! Anyway, even with overhang, the watch looks amazing, thanks for sharing! :-!

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Why the hell is this hobby so stressful! o|

So many beautiful watches out, so little money to spend!

Just look at it....:p

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why the hell is this hobby so stressful! o|

So many beautiful watches out, so little money to spend!

Just look at it....:p
I know the feeling mate, this such a cool watch I feel compelled to get one, even though I know it would be totally impractical with its case length and acrylic glass, so interesting lookin tho! :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts