WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New beauty arrived in the mail Saturday. Traded FreeDiver for one of mine so a big thanks to him for this beauty. Looks a lot like a 2300/2310 with a metal casing and bracelet. Been thinking about getting one of the black MTG models one of these days but I may not need to now. Pretty comfortable and even feels a little lighter than my MTG-900 does.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,572 Posts
Hi Brian,

Great watch. Let me guess where you trade it with;-) It begins with a D and end with a 4? I alsways wondered why the GL-7000's look bigger than the G-2300, while it actually has the same case dimensions. I guess the shiney metal of the rim makes it appear bigger.

Wear in good health:-!

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I see what you mean about the silver ring making it look bigger than a G-2300 or G-2310. But when you put them together it actually looks almost a little smaller compared to the others. I think the resin casings are a bit bigger.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And you're right about the D and the 4 ;-) .

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi Brian

I really love the look of that GL7000RF. Very, very impressive!

Do you like the metal bracelet and the clasp / locking mechanism? Does it work OK? I haven't had any experience with this kind of bracelet yet...

I wonder if a "normal" resin band could fit on this watch...:think:

Greetings,
Rasmus

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,572 Posts
Hi Rasmus,

I see, yep. I didnt knew this model was among them (nope, I din't forget I took those pictures for you;-)). If you look it even seems that the right 7000 is bigger than the left one. I believe it's all optical illusion (Something to do with mirror effects I guess, make everything appear bigger due to reflections etc).

Well, the main important thing is that the watch looks great. In such cases size doesn't matter much, as long as it isn't minuscule, of course.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well, the main important thing is that the watch looks great.
I absolutely agree with you, Sjors...! :):) It looks very cool, and then it has one of the best Casio-modules as well. A pretty good combination...

Well, I'm off to bed now. Have a nice evening!

Greetings,
Rasmus

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,572 Posts
Well, I'm off to bed now. Have a nice evening!
Hi Rasmus,

It's indeed getting late here too. Some guys are uploading tons of music right now, but after that I go to bed too. Tomorrow a long day with students working on video projects.

Good night!

Sjors

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Rasmus,

Bracelet is fine, quite comfortable and the locking mechanism works just fine. Two push buttons on the side. I have a MTG-900 with the same clasp. The bracelet on the GL is just a bit thinner and not as wide as the MTG bracelet so it actually feels a littler lighter. Not to sure if you can put a resin band in this one though. Some people have thought about switching out the metal for the resin band on their MTG but I don't think it will work with the way the casing is designed.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi Rasmus,

Bracelet is fine, quite comfortable and the locking mechanism works just fine. Two push buttons on the side. I have a MTG-900 with the same clasp. The bracelet on the GL is just a bit thinner and not as wide as the MTG bracelet so it actually feels a littler lighter. Not to sure if you can put a resin band in this one though. Some people have thought about switching out the metal for the resin band on their MTG but I don't think it will work with the way the casing is designed.
Hi Brian

Sounds great that you like the bracelet and the lock. I've been a little "worried" that I wouldn't like this, but it seems that it works just fine.

BTW: I've noticed that the "lines" between the solar-cells seem rather visible. Or is it just in pictures? It's easy to see the lines in this picture:

But in this picture you almost don't notice the lines:

Do you see what I'm talking about? Is it just the reflections when the picture is taken? On my Frogman (GW-200S) the lines looked very visible on pictures I found on the net. But once I got the watch, the lines weren't at all any problem.

Greetings,
Rasmus

·
Registered
919 Posts
Good trade, Inner Force models are very cool.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Rasmus,

I've noticed the lines mostly on my G-2300 and G-2310 but only if it's angled a certain way and if the light hits it just right.

Thanks Adam. I'm really digging this one, may have a hard time getting off my wrist for some time ;-) .

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hi Brian,
Congratulations on the new aquisition. When I'd narrowed down my choice to the 2310, this one was also on the list. Actually, if I've have know that the mix-up from the retailer would mean I'd receive the 2310B and not the 2310 Black Helios (as I'd wanted) I probably would have settled on this GL.

Glad to hear that the watch is a good as it looked.

Wear in good health.|>

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Brian,
Congratulations on the new aquisition. When I'd narrowed down my choice to the 2310, this one was also on the list. Actually, if I've have know that the mix-up from the retailer would mean I'd receive the 2310B and not the 2310 Black Helios (as I'd wanted) I probably would have settled on this GL.

Glad to hear that the watch is a good as it looked.

Wear in good health.|>
Thanks Resinbandit. Haven't quite been able to get it off my wrist since I got it ;-) .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts