WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just to let you know that I popped into an AD and tried on the new GMT 2 all gold with maxi dial. From the pics it looks really good.

In person.... well.... firstly, its amazingly heavy! Probably because of the solid link bracelet (a bit too heavy for my taste:-( ).

The maxi dial was a nice touch; the only thing I would observe here, is that the bigger indices give the "appearance" of the face being smaller.:think:

It has its characteristic bomb proof feel about it as well:-! but they have slightly remodelled the case, compared to my ss sub (its more angular and square on). Looking at it on my wrist in the mirror, I decided it was not for me.

Give me the current shape of the sports models any day. The weight of the current sports range is spot on, on the wrist|>

I hope that Rolex do not extend these characteristics to all Rollies;-)

Do any of the other contributors here have a view on this beautiful watch?

Regards

·
Registered
62 Posts
That is an intrusting report.

I rather like the looks of this model in the photos, however, they can look totally different in person. I have not seen one and I could change my mind once I try one on.

There was a time when I was not so fond of the Yacht-Master in photos. Then, I saw one in person, and I loved it. Now it is on my list and I would like to get it soon.

You must see them in person to decide if they are for you. Although, I did get my 16610 LV without seeing one first.

Best,

LV Green

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LVGreen said:
That is an intrusting report.

I rather like the looks of this model in the photos, however, they can look totally different in person. I have not seen one and I could change my mind once I try one on.

There was a time when I was not so fond of the Yacht-Master in photos. Then, I saw one in person, and I loved it. Now it is on my list and I would like to get it soon.

You must see them in person to decide if they are for you. Although, I did get my 16610 LV without seeing one first.

Best,

LV Green
Hi LVGreen,

A nice watch by the way:-!

Did your opinion change once you got the lv in person (re its looks etc?)

Regards

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think I liked it even more than in the photos, I love it!

I have a 16610 SS and 16613 Blue, so this was the same except for the color of the bezel, and the Maxi-Dial.

Best,

LV Green

1 - 4 of 4 Posts