WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 506 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have to admit that it looks impressive, like its price.

Owning already a TB-1 I find it hard to justify getting this one but....wow, it looks amazing.
Adding the pictures from the blog here though please check also the page to give them some credit.

Watch Product Clock Technology Machine

Watch Clock Rectangle Analog watch Watch accessory

Watch Communication Device Gadget Clock Watch accessory

Watch Camera accessory Flash photography Watch accessory Clock

Watch Clock Font Gadget Watch accessory

Watch Communication Device Clock Watch accessory Gadget

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,780 Posts
Oh no . . . I thought I was done with full metal squares . . . I want it 😢 I'm a big sci-fi and mech nerd so I love the look.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Always a pleasant surprise when G-Shock releases a model that I don't think looks like crap. First the metal Casioaks, and now this. You G fanboys might eventually win me over, after all. :)

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
1,143 Posts
That price! Whoa momma!

Rough translation:

"And now, the bad news (or the less good, to put it in some way). And no, it is not that they have spoiled everything in G-Shock and have put it inverted since, as you can see, its display is a practical and useful LCD in positive. It is not that, but how unattainable it will be for many people. And it is that its price - official and for Europe, in the GMW-B5000TVA-1ER model - will be € 1,640. Already, brutal. Like the same watch. For the lucky ones who can reach that price tell them that it will be on the market next November. If you can get hold of him, don't let him get away."

Close to $2000 USD. o_O

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
MUST BUY MUST BUY MUST BUY

For 2K price tag I think it will come with the figure. Still that price makes me hesitate now. I'd have to sell a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
For 2K price tag I think it will come with the figure. Still that price makes me hesitate now. I'd have to sell a few.

I am an 80s child, grew up with the Transformers. Collected them, akin to how I collect G-Shocks now. So, price is no object on this one.

Glad I didn't buy the TB, that's for sure!
Might not be fair to do an apples to apples comparison, but if I had bought the TB, I would be pissed, because no way I could justify having both.... hell, I might have to now sell my TCM! o_O

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I am an 80s child, grew up with the Transformers. Collected them, akin to how I collect G-Shocks now. So, price is no object on this one. Glad I didn't buy the TB, that's for sure!
I watched a lot of old mecha anime like Macross (robotech), Gundam, and a whole bunch of others. This model also speaks to me. I might let go of my TI camo for this one.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
That price! Whoa momma!

Rough translation:

"And now, the bad news (or the less good, to put it in some way). And no, it is not that they have spoiled everything in G-Shock and have put it inverted since, as you can see, its display is a practical and useful LCD in positive. It is not that, but how unattainable it will be for many people. And it is that its price - official and for Europe, in the GMW-B5000TVA-1ER model - will be € 1,640. Already, brutal. Like the same watch. For the lucky ones who can reach that price tell them that it will be on the market next November. If you can get hold of him, don't let him get away."

Close to $2000 USD. o_O
Retail on the TB is $1700, so this ain't far off... Besides, I think US models always fair better price-wise than the Europe releases. Hoping it maxes out at $1800 🙏

·
Registered
9,313 Posts

I have to admit that it looks impressive, like its price.

Owning already a TB-1 I find it hard to justify getting this one but....wow, it looks amazing.
Adding the pictures from the blog here though please check also the page to give them some credit.

View attachment 16122953

View attachment 16122954

View attachment 16122955

View attachment 16122956

View attachment 16122957

View attachment 16122958

It doesn't speak to me at all. I don't like that extra text everywhere. That's a good thing, I guess. I don't need to be dropping that kind of coin on another square.. ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
?????????

Like the watch, HATE the price.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, charges such wildly absurd "titanium" and "sapphire" taxes as Casio. Look at all the major watch manufacturers that offer an identical case/movement in variations of steel/mineral vs. titanium/sapphire, and NONE OF THEM EVEN COME CLOSE TO CHARGING WHAT CASIO DEMANDS! Maybe $20 more in Casio's manufacturing costs somehow translates to a +500% price premium? GTFO Casio, you're drunk.

But they'll keep charging it as long as we keep paying it I suppose, so ¯\(ツ)/¯ I guess...

The "invisible hand of the market" (Adam Smith) is definitely at play here, but any guesses what that invisible hand is doing to Casio's accountants' groinal regions? Hint: it's NSFW.

Reactions: Dxnnis and Watchy53

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think it's very ugly and overpriced. I would go as far as to say that anybody who buys it puts not only their health but their life at risk. Casio has lost their way and they are actively trying to kill us all. I will have to buy them all just to make sure they don't hurt anybody else. I'm willing to make that sacrifice because like the one ring it must be destroyed in the fires of Mount Doom and only I can take on that burden. So long.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think it's very ugly and overpriced. I would go as far as to say that anybody who buys it puts not only their health but their life at risk. Casio has lost their way and they are actively trying to kill us all. I will have to buy them all just to make sure they don't hurt anybody else. I'm willing to make that sacrifice because like the one ring it must be destroyed in the fires of Mount Doom and only I can take on that burden. So long.
ok nerd

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
This looks awesome and taps into that nostalgia factor, but I don't really get the comparisons to the TB-1 other than the matte Ti finish. The TB-1 is based off the origin DW-5000C-1B and is special precisely because of its understated aesthetics (i.e. it's designed to look like a resin square). This thing is something else entirely. And I like it.

1 - 20 of 506 Posts