WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
381 - 400 of 579 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just something I'd like to point out after noticing this: the above description is also found on the page for the PB, and we can be pretty sure that the PB is not DLC coated everywhere, for $600. (so, we can assume this statement above for the TVA essentially carries no weight) I suspect someone at Casio is doing a copy and paste of text from another listing.

* To be clear - I think the TVA is DLC-coated everywhere. But I don't think that ref'd statement proves anything one way or the other.

The pic below was taken from the Tokyo Twilight model's page at gshock.com:
Good catch. Yeah the U.S. site has been known to have errors at times (usually the result of copying and pasting inappropriately like you said).

·
Registered
226 Posts
It seems like all your criticism is a reaction to my response to Time4Play rather than the actual paragraph we were talking about.

"you can call it whatever you like, im just saying call it what it is."

Umm okay, I guess that makes sense.

Sorry if saying "I try to write for a general audience and not just G-Shock experts..." offended and triggered you. That doesn't mean I don't take experts and WUS members into consideration. I always do. It doesn't mean that I look down on my readers or think that they don't understand the basics or can't figure it out by the context. It just means that I am trying to provide clarity and be inclusive, not exclusive.

You don't need to turn everything I say into something negative that needs correcting. I say I am trying to provide clarity, you say I am "dumbing it down" and will confuse people. I say I am using two terms to describe two areas of a part because it is a unique circumstance involving two different surface treatments, you say "you should at least know the right terminology." I say I want all my readers to know what area of a part I am talking about, you say I think they are "having problems understanding the basics."

But yeah it's just a forum where we can shoot from the hip, so enjoy your soapbox.
By the way and unrelated to this discussion, let me give you some well-deserved praise. Before I got to hear about WUS, your site was my main sources of information on new Casio releases.

Also, because your posts are always so organized, well-written and full of pictures, I am very appreciative of your work and in my mind, the release announcement is when you post it. :)

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
By the way and unrelated to this discussion, let me give you some well-deserved praise. Before I got to hear about WUS, your site was my main sources of information on new Casio releases.

Also, because your posts are always so organized, well-written and full of pictures, I am very appreciative of your work and in my mind, the release announcement is when you post it. :)
Care to share the link?? :unsure:

·
Registered
8,355 Posts

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Really??

Good catch. Yeah the U.S. site has been known to have errors at times (usually the result of copying and pasting inappropriately like you said).
So G-central is your site? I had no idea. I've used that site a LOT and it's a great source of information on g-shocks. In fact it's my go-to source for info on upcoming or recent releases. Or for research on g-shocks in general. I especially like the "All Models" articles you've done. For ex (for those who don't know), searching on "GW-9400 All Models" at G-central gives you an article listing all versions of the GW-9400 that have been released - extremely informative and useful, and I've used that type of search many times. Really an outstanding site!! (y) (y) (y)
👏👏👏

·
Registered
All Square all the time. (Almost)
796 Posts
I would sell 3 of my 4 b5ks for this guy. Would be the way I would want my first Ti. I thought I was good for the full metal models. Son of a bi$!h.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Really??

So G-central is your site? I had no idea. I've used that site a LOT and it's a great source of information on g-shocks. In fact it's my go-to source for info on upcoming or recent releases. Or for research on g-shocks in general. I especially like the "All Models" articles you've done. For ex (for those who don't know), searching on "GW-9400 All Models" at G-central gives you an article listing all versions of the GW-9400 that have been released - extremely informative and useful, and I've used that type of search many times. Really an outstanding site!! (y) (y) (y)
👏👏👏
Yes, thank you! It's really nice to hear that.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Yeah, it's a great site man. You should change your username to "G-of-g-central" so people recognize you. :p You'll get a lot of props.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Really??

👏👏👏
Indeed, the "search all models is great"
Now, I know all numbers/colors of Casio watches and all the models/numbering of some series thanks to these "all models" articles. They end up being a very nice visual database.

@g-addict

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
It seems like all your criticism is a reaction to my response to Time4Play rather than the actual paragraph we were talking about.

"you can call it whatever you like, im just saying call it what it is."

Umm okay, I guess that makes sense.

Sorry if saying "I try to write for a general audience and not just G-Shock experts..." offended and triggered you. That doesn't mean I don't take experts and WUS members into consideration. I always do. It doesn't mean that I look down on my readers or think that they don't understand the basics or can't figure it out by the context. It just means that I am trying to provide clarity and be inclusive, not exclusive.

You don't need to turn everything I say into something negative that needs correcting. I say I am trying to provide clarity, you say I am "dumbing it down" and will confuse people. I say I am using two terms to describe two areas of a part because it is a unique circumstance involving two different surface treatments, you say "you should at least know the right terminology." I say I want all my readers to know what area of a part I am talking about, you say I think they are "having problems understanding the basics."

But yeah it's just a forum where we can shoot from the hip, so enjoy your soapbox.
lol seems like the only one thats offended or triggered and wants an argument is you. i wasnt the only person to say your wording is confusing but youve some how conjured it into feeling like its a personal attack. lets not forget you were the one that wanted to throw in the towel several times cos things werent going your way 😏

you can shuffle, apply and interpret my quotes anyway you like but my original comment still stands, it would be far easier to understand "case" and "bezel" as two separate things and something like "polished bezel surround" as the part of the bezel in question instead of using "case" in several variations with different meanings referring to different (or the same??) part.
its nothing to do with exclusion when youre using the correct terms, and youre not including everyone by rewriting the meaning of terms then trying to explain them, so take it however you like, me being offended (lols), some casual "expert" advice or a reason to take your bat and ball and go home 🤷‍♂️ all fine with me :D 👍

·
Registered
379 Posts
lol seems like the only one thats offended or triggered and wants an argument is you. i wasnt the only person to say your wording is confusing but youve some how conjured it into feeling like its a personal attack. lets not forget you were the one that wanted to throw in the towel several times cos things werent going your way

you can shuffle, apply and interpret my quotes anyway you like but my original comment still stands, it would be far easier to understand "case" and "bezel" as two separate things and something like "polished bezel surround" as the part of the bezel in question instead of using "case" in several variations with different meanings referring to different (or the same??) part.
its nothing to do with exclusion when youre using the correct terms, and youre not including everyone by rewriting the meaning of terms then trying to explain them, so take it however you like, me being offended (lols), some casual "expert" advice or a reason to take your bat and ball and go home all fine with me :D
Your obsession with always having to be “right” on what is a discussion forum cracks me up!

How about we look specifically at definition and general watchmaking convention since, well, watches were first made, calling the entire case outer cover (be it resin or metal) is pretty much only a G-Shock thing.

I’m sure you know that a watch bezel is generally defined as the circular ring that holds the crystal/glass in place?

So in that sense, it’s a bit of a stretch to call the entire outer protective resin part(s) that provides form, decoration and protection to the inner (or perhaps more correctly “mid case” a “bezel”

I do accept that convention dictates that’s what they are know as. Doesn’t change the fact that technically it’s wrong.

It’s really an outer case or casing(s) depending on the model.

And here’s a question for you. How would you define the “bezel” on the analogue frogman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I want to thank everyone for all the compliments. It is rare that I get compliments in emails or comments. It happens, but not a lot. So it is greatly appreciated. Obviously I can measure the site's success by its traffic, but there isn't much of that human interaction and feedback like a YouTube channel or Instagram gets. So it means a lot to me. And apologies for my frequent testiness here.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I want to thank everyone for all the compliments. It is rare that I get compliments in emails or comments. It happens, but not a lot. So it is greatly appreciated. Obviously I can measure the site's success by its traffic, but there isn't much of that human interaction and feedback like a YouTube channel or Instagram gets. So it means a lot to me. And apologies for my frequent testiness here.
You're on my RSS feed (y).

Reactions: A.G. and g-addict

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
My go-to whenever I'm doing research on G-Shocks!
:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you kidding me? G central is literally the best thing ever since sliced bread. Always keeps me up to date with new releases and exicting rumors.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
+1000 G central👍👍

·
Registered
Casio G-Shock DW-5600MS (on DW-5600E bezel and GW-5000 band)
2,362 Posts
Wow 😲 Mr. G-Central himself was a member of WUS all along. No wonder all his information in the site are spot-on and accurate and reliable👍

I think you should change your name to G-Central so that new G-Enthusiasts can easily recognize you 😅 Thank you for making a wonderful site. I have spent countless hours researching and reading your site. Lots of helpful articles. The Top 10 lists are especially helpful for newbies.

381 - 400 of 579 Posts