WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
401 - 420 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Anyone notice the weird DLC plaque / sticker in the side profile picture? From other angles it seems to be embossed into the case.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Anyone notice the weird DLC plaque / sticker in the side profile picture? From other angles it seems to be embossed into the case.
Everything on the case is laser etched into the metal, same process as the tron Square (except this one is DLC coated on top).

·
Registered
143 Posts
I want to thank everyone for all the compliments. It is rare that I get compliments in emails or comments. It happens, but not a lot. So it is greatly appreciated. Obviously I can measure the site's success by its traffic, but there isn't much of that human interaction and feedback like a YouTube channel or Instagram gets. So it means a lot to me. And apologies for my frequent testiness here.
Can only echo what others have said. Excellent site and great work.

P.S. You and @wrsmith should have lunch….just saying.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Everything on the case is laser etched into the metal, same process as the tron Square (except this one is DLC coated on top).
This doesn’t appear to be. It looks embossed and is the same hue as the rest of the case in contrast to…well the contrast of the text - which does look the same as the Tron

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
This doesn’t appear to be. It looks embossed and is the same hue as the rest of the case in contrast to…well the contrast of the text - which does look the same as the Tron
I highly doubt it would be a different process than the rest of the watch. We will definitively know soon enough, though.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wow 😲 Mr. G-Central himself was a member of WUS all along. No wonder all his information in the site are spot-on and accurate and reliable👍

I think you should change your name to G-Central so that new G-Enthusiasts can easily recognize you 😅 Thank you for making a wonderful site. I have spent countless hours researching and reading your site. Lots of helpful articles. The Top 10 lists are especially helpful for newbies.
I have actually thought about using a new username so people won't know I'm from G-Central anymore. But yeah I might do that. It might make it easier to restrain myself from getting into petty arguments. :D

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,783 Posts
Dang. I missed a lot of drama (busy with work LOL) but I saw your link from Toppers Babyivan. I plopped down a pre-order. Lazy hunting on my part, but thank you for sharing with us. :)

·
Premium Member
8,449 Posts
Wow 😲 Mr. G-Central himself was a member of WUS all along. No wonder all his information in the site are spot-on and accurate and reliable👍

I think you should change your name to G-Central so that new G-Enthusiasts can easily recognize you 😅 Thank you for making a wonderful site. I have spent countless hours researching and reading your site. Lots of helpful articles. The Top 10 lists are especially helpful for newbies.
Probably not a good idea unless he wants dozens of PMs a day asking if he knows about this or that and onwards haha

·
Registered
116 Posts
I believe the side of the case where it has the DLC wording is polished similar to the bezel. Depending on the angle of the light it looks different.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts

I'm trying to resist placing a pre-order with Topper. I gather from the previous conversation that the price is somewhat justified by the full DLC, sapphire, and more advanced module? This would be the most I've ever spent on a G-Shock, so I'm mostly trying to rationalize this to myself...

·
Registered
341 Posts

I'm trying to resist placing a pre-order with Topper. I gather from the previous conversation that the price is somewhat justified by the full DLC, sapphire, and more advanced module? This would be the most I've ever spent on a G-Shock, so I'm mostly trying to rationalize this to myself...
Also the titanium build. It's a lot lighter than the usual GMWs that are stainless steel. And the design is just very unique from other GMW models, and I can't think of another watch like it. I think the price is justified because it's a limited edition and once it's sold out, you won't be able to get it for that price. But it might not sell out right away. I don't really know. I thought the GMW-B5000TB was going to sell out quickly, but it didn't. We don't know how many were made, so it's hard to say what will happen. For what it's worth, the last time I checked, the article for the TVA on G-Central had 50% more views than the GWG-2000 article. Sorry, don't mean to hype you into buying it, but if you are planning to buy it, you might as well pre-order. Will you regret it if you wait and it sells out? This might be one of those releases where western countries don't get a very large supply of it, or it could be one that doesn't sell out right very quickly, but it probably will sell out eventually. If you're looking for value then you might want to consider something else. With a watch like this, you're not just paying for the watch, but also for the privilege of being one of the few people to own it.

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,783 Posts

I thought about for a few minutes but then figured I'd kick myself later for not jumping on it. Big fan of the classic square and its mecha theme resonates with me. The design is also slightly more unique than previous full metals. There are visible holes in the bracelet, for example.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reserved at Topper! Thanks for the tip.

Because of the unique machining on this watch, I don't think it will be very limited. It costs a lot of money to adjust or change the equipment to make the design elements this watch has. For that reason alone I can't see Casio limiting the supply. Only time will tell!

·
Premium Member
8,449 Posts
I thought about for a few minutes but then figured I'd kick myself later for not jumping on it. Big fan of the classic square and its mecha theme resonates with me. The design is also slightly more unique than previous full metals. There are visible holes in the bracelet, for example.
Yup, its biggest plus. Honestly, it really isn'tfor me, but I do think it is an extremely interesting and significant move in the metal square trajectory since it's the first time they have really altered the design beyond materials, platings, and etchings, and I am very curious about the future.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's a lot of text on the watch...

I'm still holding out for an all-metal GMW-5610. Lug to lug of 49mm is just too big for me. May just buy one of the new blue-border 5610s when they come out and slap an Ali Express metal bracelet/bezel on it instead.

Reactions: Dxnnis
401 - 420 of 514 Posts