WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
821 - 840 of 894 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maybe Casio hired this guy to make the clasp for the TVA watch? :p

Arm Flash photography Table Tableware Musician

PS: my full metal square closes fine with one finger but I have not tried it hundreds or thousands of times.

A decent way to test the clasp would be to get a new full metal square and a new TVA and open/close them 100's or 1000's of times and see which fails first. :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
In closing the clasp on my TB I've found that it makes a difference where I press down on the clasp itself. A press about two thirds towards the hinge end closes it nicely. Pressing above the release buttons gets a bit fiddly. Pressing at the far end on the G-SHOCK logo doesn't really work at all.
Ahhh yeah that works to get my TB to latch on the cushion too!

@kubr1ck does it latch if you press more toward the middle of the clasp back, away from the logo?

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
ive come so close to ordering this many times, its one of those perfect storms like the cf frog that just ticks all the boxes for me. on top of being a premium piece it has a casual feel, but.... its still just a square and with that price tag its a fair way towards the new (and bigger) mrg square (seriously, we need a nickname for it lol), which since owning a mrgg i feel i may get a constantly warmer feeling than just having one with a cool paint job 🤔
that said, everytime i see the tva posted here, the saved buy it now pages get reopened! haha 😅...tho THAT said, if they announce that the mrg will have gps and a toolless microadjuster, they can take me however they want me 😬🤣

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Ahhh yeah that works to get my TB to latch on the cushion too!

@kubr1ck does it latch if you press more toward the middle of the clasp back, away from the logo?
The clasp on my TVA works perfectly, but for some of my other metal squares it doesn't matter where you press it, it won't latch on-wrist with one finger. And I apologize guys, I didn't mean for this minor quibble to hijack this thread. Have always just been a bit bummed about the clasps on these things.

ive come so close to ordering this many times, its one of those perfect storms like the cf frog that just ticks all the boxes for me. on top of being a premium piece it has a casual feel, but.... its still just a square and with that price tag its a fair way towards the new (and bigger) mrg square (seriously, we need a nickname for it lol), which since owning a mrgg i feel i may get a constantly warmer feeling than just having one with a cool paint job 🤔
that said, everytime i see the tva posted here, the saved buy it now pages get reopened! haha 😅...tho THAT said, if they announce that the mrg will have gps and a toolless microadjuster, they can take me however they want me 😬🤣
I think you'd like this one Tetsu. It's actually a near-perfect balance of sporty and classy. Don't let all the writing fool you, this watch has a titanium patina to it in person that makes the whole thing look pretty low key. This watch also has a hip, bespoke feel to it that is unlike any other metal square to date. It's probably gonna be a daily wear for me.

Also, I can tell you right now that the MR-G square will not have GPS sync or any kind of quick adjust bracelet. Why? Because apart from watches with navigation it's clear Casio has moved away from GPS sync in favor of Bluetooth, which is faster, more reliable and uses less power (but you already know this). And no prior MR-G has ever had a quick adjust bracelet that I can recall. The premium will be for Grade 5 (Ti64) titanium, the cobarion bezel and the high-end fit & finish we've come to expect from MR-G.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
The clasp on my TVA works perfectly, but for some of my other metal squares it doesn't matter where you press it, it won't latch on-wrist with one finger. And I apologize guys, I didn't mean for this minor quibble to hijack this thread. Have always just been a bit bummed about the clasps on these things.

I think you'd like this one Tetsu. It's actually a near-perfect balance of sporty and classy. Don't let all the writing fool you, this watch has a titanium patina to it in person that makes the whole thing look pretty low key. This watch also has a hip, bespoke feel to it that is unlike any other metal square to date. It's probably gonna be a daily wear for me.

Also, I can tell you right now that the MR-G square will not have GPS sync or any kind of quick adjust bracelet. Why? Because apart from watches with navigation it's clear Casio has moved away from GPS sync in favor of Bluetooth, which is faster, more reliable and uses less power (but you already know this). And no prior MR-G has ever had a quick adjust bracelet that I can recall. The premium will be for Grade 5 (Ti64) titanium, the cobarion bezel and the high-end fit & finish we've come to expect from MR-G.
There you go again.....you enabler, you!! ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,864 Posts

Well said. I was surprised by how understated it appears in person. The excess text blends well with the case and isn’t as in your face as I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi, folks. I just got the VA and quick impressions:

- fits same as the other Ti models, in terms of feel and identical # of links and microadjust position when correctly sized.

- the red colors and the link "holes" and the text on the links are much less noticeable than they looked to me on the promo materials. I was surprised how subtle they are compared to my expectations.

- the text on the clasp doesn't look great in terms of design aesthetic. It's not terrible; it seems a bit gratuitous or overdone to have anything on it. It has a vibe that it's a sticker that should be peeled off (it is not physically a sticker but has that vibe)

- the glossy bezel and pushers and sides of the links works well with the matte finish of the rest of the watch.

- the display is crisp.

Overall, I'm glad I got it.l. I'm also a sucker for almost all the metal squares, especially with a positive display. The all-stainless steel remains my favorite among them.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
am i the first to mod this guy?

here’s a deconstructed TVA with black resin cushioning in place of the red, rubber strap and some other minor customizations

i know this mod isn’t for everyone, especially on such a pricey watch but i love it.

View attachment 16246570
What have you done!?!?!

Just kidding. I think it looks cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
725 Posts

here’s a deconstructed TVA with black resin cushioning in place of the red, rubber strap and some other minor customizations

i know this mod isn’t for everyone, especially on such a pricey watch but i love it.

View attachment 16246570
Strap looks nice.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Not too long after I became a square lover, I was hoping for an all-Ti square one day. This and my TCM definitely fit the bill. I really like the design on this one, and the matte black looks great. The other little design elements of the TVA just make it that much cooler. And I'm happy it has a positive display. It's probably going to become one of my most-worn Gs. (y)

Watch Product Clock Gadget Watch accessory

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Not too long after I became a square lover, I was hoping for an all-Ti square one day. This and my TCM definitely fit the bill. I really like the design on this one, and the matte black looks great. The other little design elements of the TVA just make it that much cooler. And I'm happy it has a positive display. It's probably going to become one of my most-worn Gs. (y)

View attachment 16246760
The TVA has managed to uproot my beloved GW-5000, at least for the time being. I am enjoying this watch a lot.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The TVA gave me a new appreciation for the TB. Holding them side by side, the clean smooth design of the TB really stands out. The TVA almost feels like the opposite of the TB. The face of the TB is full of contrast and dynamic while the bezel and band are muted. The TVA is the reverse with a stealthy face and a busy bezel and band. Not to say the TVA stands out because it's very subdued. The white font on the black bezel and band look like a paper mockup or prototype to me. Photos are not representative of what I see in person. In photos the TB doesn't really stand out like the TVA. If I was a watch photographer the TCM would be my favorite muse. The camo always pops in photos while it blends in in person.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the TVA if I'm honest but I'm sure my appreciation for it will grow like it did for the TB and the TCM. I wish the TVA came out first or at the same time as the other titanium models because it's just begs to be used daily. If I had a TVA two years ago I would let it take all the beatings the TB took. Or would I be saying the same thing if the release orders were reserved? I can almost hear the Casio planning and design team smugly and dismissively laughing down at me. I think the only alternative now is to give them all a good thrashing.
Watch Rectangle Watch accessory Material property Font

*Photos are shown here for entertainment purposes only, real world experience will vary.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

you dont need to think man, i def. like it, without a doubt, in fact i love it and i want the writing to fool me, its the thing that pushes it over the top for me. i didnt give the tb a second glance but im well past my 100th glance for this thing! plus its me, i steer away from the plain janes lol

the gps and micro adjust were what id need to throw logic out the window. obvs gps is highly unlikely but i wouldnt be too surprised to see the clasp. yes, no other mrg has it but this is an all new model and the clasp was such a good addition to the cf frog. perhaps on a future model of mr. square they throw cf at it and the clasp or they dial it back to a mtg square to distinguish the two? def. has plenty of options once the door is opened.

not to delve too much into the mrgsq in this thread but i think it would be cool to see an option on these high end squares, theres a happy clash of the past and present with the basic looking module but they should also do a parallel model with a mip display or something more modern looking. the classic look can only carry a watch so far.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

View attachment 16246570

Please more pic´s ...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Because apart from watches with navigation it's clear Casio has moved away from GPS sync in favor of Bluetooth, which is faster, more reliable and uses less power
Exactly.

821 - 840 of 894 Posts