WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
841 - 860 of 894 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
am i the first to mod this guy?

here’s a deconstructed TVA with black resin cushioning in place of the red, rubber strap and some other minor customizations

i know this mod isn’t for everyone, especially on such a pricey watch but i love it.

View attachment 16246570
Good for you! I'm keeping mine stock, but everyone should follow their vision.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ive come so close to ordering this many times, its one of those perfect storms like the cf frog that just ticks all the boxes for me. on top of being a premium piece it has a casual feel, but.... its still just a square and with that price tag its a fair way towards the new (and bigger) mrg square (seriously, we need a nickname for it lol), which since owning a mrgg i feel i may get a constantly warmer feeling than just having one with a cool paint job 🤔
that said, everytime i see the tva posted here, the saved buy it now pages get reopened! haha 😅...tho THAT said, if they announce that the mrg will have gps and a toolless microadjuster, they can take me however they want me 😬🤣
Well in the leaked pics it doenst look like it will have glide clasp.

Gps maybe? Wasnt mentioned in the leaked manual either.
Font Automotive lighting Art Circle Jewellery

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's an interesting take on "stealth wealth", but I think most people would be looking to buy a mod kit to make their 5000 or 5600 look like a TVA, not the other way round.
Each to their own.
Yes agreed he probably could have modded the same look at a fraction of the cost but granted he is the first one to even mod it so that's worthy of praise as well

·
Registered
725 Posts
@blackeye So the band and case resin, did you also darken up the red of the B pusher and the red of the bezel label for it?
To hijack his own words but this is what he did:

• Replaced inner resin part with a black resin part from another GMW-B5000
  • Removed titanium bands; Replaced with rubber straps from another GMW-B5000
  • Black buckle hardware from another GMW-B5000
  • Plain rubber GW5000 band keeper

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's an interesting take on "stealth wealth", but I think most people would be looking to buy a mod kit to make their 5000 or 5600 look like a TVA, not the other way round.
Each to their own.
yea i get it but i really just wanted the best daily square and the rubber straps are ultimately more comfortable. i will still use the Ti bracelets sometimes.

It’s also kind of funny since i still technically don’t even have the damn watch. I modded my brothers. I will prob do the same mod on mine but have a slight tweak in mind…

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
if I had one I wouldn't mod it, it defeats the purpose of the mecha theme to remove most of it, if it was the original TB then maybe i'd go down this route to have the options of swapping between bracelet and resin, but not the mecha
I put mine on the B5000G-1 strap for a day and then realized that it loses most of its mecha character with the rubber strap. The bracelet is back on mine. Sorry I don't have any pictures with the rubber strap but blackeye's pictures are a good reference.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Watch Yellow Clock Font Gadget

841 - 860 of 894 Posts