WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
861 - 880 of 894 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I put mine on the B5000G-1 strap for a day and then realized that it loses most of its mecha character with the rubber strap. The bracelet is back on mine. Sorry I don't have any pictures with the rubber strap but blackeye's pictures are a good reference.
I've got a resin strap with gold buckle just for my TB but don't wear it on it much at all. The stock bracelet is so nice and I would like it to wear evenly with the rest of the watch.

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
This makes the most sense .. you two deformers you !!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Maybe, but I've always been told I have beautiful wrists.
Human body Jaw Ear Wood Gesture

·
Registered
793 Posts
View attachment 16253501
I’m on Tapatalk and it’s been having that issue of not showing pics, just links. I don’t know what I was expecting exactly with your comment and pic, but when I clicked the link and the pic opened I didn’t know if I should laugh or puke! That’s horrific looking especially after been primed to think I’m going to see a wrist shot of some middle aged guy who’s obsessed with hand lotion

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
For AU buyers, GShock Australia's Black Friday discount (20%) is now live and applies to this model so you can pick it up for $1999.20.

·
Registered
393 Posts
You know something else struck me about the TVA. Of course the abundant text is inspired by sci-fi Gundam-like power armor, but I can't help but feel like the artists working on designs for those and similar series must have also been somewhat influenced by Casio watch design, at least inadvertently. I'd be so interested to know. Of course the text on the power armor is to make the design and function of the suits more convincing and deliberate. I can't imagine they weren't aware of Casio watches and seen the labeled features and functions.
So I feel like the TVA is inspired by art like Gundam, but also the art design of Gundam must also have been somewhat inspired by Casio.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You know something else struck me about the TVA. Of course the abundant text is inspired by sci-fi Gundam-like power armor, but I can't help but feel like the artists working on designs for those and similar series must have also been somewhat influenced by Casio watch design, at least inadvertently. I'd be so interested to know. Of course the text on the power armor is to make the design and function of the suits more convincing and deliberate. I can't imagine they weren't aware of Casio watches and seen the labeled features and functions.
So I feel like the TVA is inspired by art like Gundam, but also the art design of Gundam must also have been somewhat inspired by Casio.
Gundam predates G-Shock. For me it was eyeopening seing concept and design art for G-Shock. It looks straight out of a manga. Check out this article with a G-Shock designer:
For me the TVA is not the most mecha G-Shock. There are so many other designs that scream sci-fi anime. The TVA is what the name actually describes, the armor used in video games. I see it more as prototype art come to life.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Same here ! (at least according to my mother)

I think a king square would look good on them, would you agree?

Gesture People in nature Thumb Terrestrial animal Grass

·
Registered
363 Posts
Check out this article with a G-Shock designer:
Looks like a great article, look forward to reading it at home.

On a side note: I'm glad to see he's wearing an MR-G 💓 💓 💓

Reactions: Dxnnis and A.G.

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
What type of lotion do you use?
How do you maintain such youthful & manly look?
Brillo brush and bleach for exfoliation, and then just a simple stick of butter to bring back that baby fresh skin.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Gundam predates G-Shock. For me it was eyeopening seing concept and design art for G-Shock. It looks straight out of a manga. Check out this article with a G-Shock designer:
For me the TVA is not the most mecha G-Shock. There are so many other designs that scream sci-fi anime. The TVA is what the name actually describes, the armor used in video games. I see it more as prototype art come to life.
awesome, this is Tokia watch shop in harajuku. one of my many G stops when in tokyo 😃 😃

861 - 880 of 894 Posts