WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
6,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

New Grand Seiko Four Seasons Models!

Grand Seiko just announced four beautiful new “Four Seasons” models! As you would guess, each model represents a single season.

The SBGA415, which represents winter, may be my favorite of the four. This gorgeous dial, which reminds me of clouds (I guess GS already had snow covered…), will be in titanium and available this September for $6,300.

Click here to visit our pre-order page for the SBGA415.

The spring model, the SBGA413, will be available at the same time and same price. Like the SBGA415, it’s powered by a 9R65, and both watches are housed in 40mm titanium cases. It too will come out in September.

Click here to visit our pre-order page for the SBGA413.

The next set of watches represents summer and fall. These are quite different from the first two, housed in steel cases instead of titanium (although still 40mm) and powered by 9S85 Hi-Beat automatic movements. This SBGH271, represents summer and will cost $6,300.

Click here to visit our pre-order page for the SBGH271.

This SBGH273, representing fall, is my second favorite of the new special editions, thanks to its gorgeous dial reminiscent of rain. It too costs $6,300, and both of these models will be available in October of this year.

Click here to visit our pre-order page for the SBGH273.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Wow those are nice! Wish I had a spare 6k hanging around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
I love the green! However, it has the same issue that so many GS watches have for me - the date window is white, instead of matching the dial color. It's really distracting.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
soooo nice. Are there any photos / nonrendered pics?

·
Premium Member
22,603 Posts
The blue hi-beat version looks very interesting. I would like to see real photos, or a video of it, as opposed to the rendered images.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
When I first heard of this series I thought they'd stick with the Snowflake as their "Winter" model and just add 3 new versions of it for the other seasons. Nice to see a whole new set - even if my budget won't allow any of these this year. If I had to choose it'd be the green Summer or blue Fall (shouldn't Fall have warm tones though?) - perhaps next year.

6,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I first heard of this series I thought they'd stick with the Snowflake as their "Winter" model and just add 3 new versions of it for the other seasons. Nice to see a whole new set - even if my budget won't allow any of these this year. If I had to choose it'd be the green Summer or blue Fall (shouldn't Fall have warm tones though?) - perhaps next year.
I can kind of imagine the anguish of GS' designers when they were asked to make a winter-themed watch and it couldn't be a Snowflake, the most famous winter-themed watch ever made.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I'm kinda getting bored with their case and dial designs. They really are not evolving much. The closest thing to a NEW watch is the Elegance collection and even there, in person the watch looked too old fashioned. The best modern watch they have made are the quartz series that look like they are from this era, rest of it is starting to get repetitive and boring.

I really wish they stop with these dial variations and bring out some new fresh designs with their level of finish and quality.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Anyone else read (look at) Robb Report? The "best of" issue just arrived in the mail and Grand Seiko made the list. WOW!!!

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
So titanium Spring Drive costs the same as steel Hi-Beat? Huh, I would have thought the former would cost more.
Very pretty dials. The green definitely works.
I'm still waiting for a new bracelet design.

·
Premium Member
22,603 Posts
I'm kinda getting bored with their case and dial designs. They really are not evolving much. The closest thing to a NEW watch is the Elegance collection and even there, in person the watch looked too old fashioned. The best modern watch they have made are the quartz series that look like they are from this era, rest of it is starting to get repetitive and boring.

I really wish they stop with these dial variations and bring out some new fresh designs with their level of finish and quality.
I just want them to issue a vintage inspired dress watch like the SBGW253, with a manual wind mechanical movement and a display case back, as a regular release, so that one might be able to negotiate a price consideration.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts