WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
227 Posts
Oh I can wait..I have no problem with the current notations on the face.

Seiko isn't a lower tier name plate for me and Grand Seiko is their best effort.

Seiko is the mfg. and Grand Seiko is a product level.

I could even see eliminating the GS above Grand Seiko, but I am ok with it in any event. It does look very nice polished.

· Registered
227 Posts
I am new to the Seiko brand. Actually the SBGX119 is my first Seiko watch.

I have caught up to speed during the last few months, since acquiring the GS.

Regarding the quartz branding I do not like the empty bottom half of the face.

I proudly wear the Seiko GS SBGX119, all the while seeing the raised polished letters spelling a well know brand.

The Grand Seiko just takes the brand to a hight level, but in the end it is a seiko and nothing wrong with it either.

Yes I have owned Omega and Ulysses Nardin and having heard of the GS line by Seiko I feel no less pride, even being a quartz. And I am a strong lover of mechanical movements.

At this point in my life, being retired, I do not need to carry the upkeep costs of owning multiple mechanical movements.

My only kept mechanical timepieces are the Atmos clock mid 1960's and my loved Hamilton 992B Railroad pocket watch circa 1948.

I do have an Oris Pointer which needs attention still.

Hoping John Harrison isn't turning over in his grave!

· Registered
227 Posts
I would think that if Seiko wants to elevate the GS brand by eliminating the SEIKO that in the long run when the GS brand does reach higher resale values that the old SEIKO GS will be more valuable too.

In the end no matter to me I bought the SBGX119 to wear now and enjoy.

I never buy looking ahead for resale value.

I buy for the pleasure of myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.