WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,456 Posts
No speculation on the why from me, but I'd tend to agree there should be a reason given if it wasn't requested to be taken down by the OP himself. It may have been a rumor, but that doesn't seem to be against any stated forum rules.

Reactions: ShaggyDog

· Registered
1,456 Posts
I love how everybody jumped to conclusions. Everything has to be a conspiracy these days. These technical occurences have happened before. I guess some missed those.
For what it's worth, the thread disappeared well before yesterday and the time frame indicated by stuffler. Like, before this past weekend.

· Registered
1,456 Posts
I think it must say "Grand Seiko" somewhere. I mean, not everyone is a seasoned GS nut. The question whether on your wrist or in the watch store will always be "what does GS stand for?". We know, of course... But first onlookers will always be puzzled.

Got to agree that the Lion logo is under utilized. Well except when there's like 100 on the dial.

· Registered
1,456 Posts
I always thought that was odd tho. :)
I'd think it was a reason why they started explicitly stating "Grand Seiko" on most dials.

Reactions: Domo

· Registered
1,456 Posts
It's still a Seiko watch that says Seiko with a "Grand" in front of it on the dial. Made in the same place, the same way they have been making them. I'm still not getting this "independent" talk and how Grand Seiko is suddenly so different now.

· Registered
1,456 Posts
It has more to do with perception rather than change. Nothing has really changed, except for the dial configuration. They just want to be perceived differently and are trying to disassociate themselves from the parent company. Like a teenager whom is ashamed of his parents and would rather not be seen with them.
Ha, oh I see... And there are certain customers (the "cool" kids) out there who would never be friends with GS if they ever saw what dorks GS's parents are.

Or maybe it's more like certain "high society" people who would be put off by GS's low class riffraff friends and relatives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.