WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
It really is a nice watch.
But I would have preferred round pushers and black aluminium tachymeter speedmaster style or the classic pilot rotatable bezel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Nice to see a sensibly sized chrono.

Reactions: pdsf

·
Registered
40 Posts
i love this watch, especially because the numbers are not cut by the sub dials. 38.4mm with 15mm thickness? honestly this is the first time i've ever see it.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I love this watch and nicely priced.
It gets a bit more expensive with the beautiful Kroko-Lederband "Louisiana".
The lug width of 19mm is a bit odd but perfect for a 38mm watch.

guinand3.jpg

guin.jpg-large.jpg

And let's not forget model 21.50.12:
guinand2.png

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,701 Posts
Are these Swiss made or German made?
On some pictures of the dial, it says Swiss Made. It's kinda odd.
Good observation, good question.

And the short answer is that Guinand is using new old stock for their current range of 21 watches.

The cases have been made in Germany but Mr. Sinn, and we have to go back to the Sinn-era here, had dials in stock with the imprint "Swiss Made". To avoid a mismatch of "Swiss Made" on the dial and "Made in Germany" on the back, he ordered cases engraved with "Swiss Made" from the german manufacturer. Remaining cases and dials went into Guinand's stock.

image.jpeg

Since Guinand's dials are produced in Germany it would have been obvious to use "Hergestellt in Deutschland" for the series 21 as we can see on the other Guinand watches. However, this once more would have led to a discrepancy (dial, case back).

According to CEO Matthias Klüh the parts for the series 21 watches are sourced in Germany and Switzerland as follows:

Case: GER
Dial: GER
Strap: GER
Movement: CH
Hands: CH

Assembly and reglage is done by Guinand at Guinand's premises in Germany. Hope this helps to clarify.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have to say this is a really nice chronograph at a good price.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Love pics of a lovely looking watch! Does anyone have a side shot? Just thinking about the 15mm height with the 38mmish diameter... Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Bumping this thread. Would like more info/pics of this beautiful watch from somebody...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Terrific value!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts