WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for allowing me to join, kinda new to the watch collecting community. Next watch I want to add is a “dive watch.” Dive style is fine, doesn’t have to be certified, I’m not a diver. I’m all over the place, certainly accepting guidance and unsolicited advice. Would like to stay in the $300 and under range. Intrigued by Orient Kamasus and Islanders. Would prefer it be solar but the ISL-100/101 might be the ticket. Here’s my small and pretty cheap collection. While I’m new to this forum I certainly know how things go, if mods think this should go in a different spot no worries.
Watch Light Rectangle Watch accessory Material property

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! I have the same citizen as you! What's the strap your using on it? Looks sweet!

I certainly prefer NATO straps, and thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome aboard! Your collection looks great!
Thanks! That Traser (first from left) is dead sadly… When the battery died I took it to a battery store and it’s never worked since. Need to take it to an actual watch shop to see if they can revive it. The blue tritium is pretty dim too. Super light and comfy fieldish watch though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Depending on the size of your wrist, a nice "smaller" option is the Islander ISL-63. It has great specs for the price--an NH36 automatic movement (Seiko-made), stainless steel bracelet with solid end links, double dome, anti-reflective, sapphire crystal, screw down crown, 200m water resistance, ceramic 120 click bezel, etc. I have one and really like it. It's a heavy, very solid feeling watch, if you like that feel.It works great on the bracelet, as well as on a NATO strap.

Here's some pics of mine:
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

Watch Analog watch Clock Wood Tool

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Cool

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Depending on the size of your wrist, I nice "smaller" option is the Islander ISL-63. It has great specs for the price--an NH36 automatic movement (Seiko-made), stainless steel bracelet with solid end links, double dome, anti-reflective, sapphire crystal, screw down crown, 200m water resistance, ceramic 120 click bezel, etc. I have one and really like it. It's a heavy, very solid feeling watch, if you like that feel.It works great on the bracelet, as well as on a NATO strap.

Here's some pics of mine: View attachment 16829127
View attachment 16829135
View attachment 16829136
Wasn’t sure how a blue dial and OD strap would look, but it looks DAMN good 👍🏻

·
Registered
47,221 Posts
Welcome to the forum, plenty of great divers out there in your price range 👍🏻

Reactions: Sasqwatch762

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Sasqwatch762,
Welcome to this great Group on this forum. Congratulations on a simple Watch collection you now have. Have you looked at the many fine Citizen Eco-Drive, solar Divers? I would start there. Mark at Islander Watches does a great job. Scufa, just to name a few to start your search. Hopefully you enjoy your time here on this forum, I do! Vance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wasn’t sure how a blue dial and OD strap would look, but it looks DAMN good 👍🏻
I agree ... as good as it looks on steel, the olive drab NATO gives it a more rugged, tactical look that is pretty cool, imo. I think the extra fold of fabric tucked into the keeper also increases the wrist presence a bit, without the need to wear a watch that might otherwise look too big on my 6 1/2 inch wrist.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sasqwatch762,
Welcome to this great Group on this forum. Congratulations on a simple Watch collection you now have. Have you looked at the many fine Citizen Eco-Drive, solar Divers? I would start there. Mark at Islander Watches does a great job. Scufa, just to name a few to start your search. Hopefully you enjoy your time here on this forum, I do! Vance.
Thanks! I do like the Citizen Promaster eco drive diver. However I wish I had a sapphire crystal, only really downside I can think of.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Thanks for allowing me to join, kinda new to the watch collecting community. Next watch I want to add is a “dive watch.” Dive style is fine, doesn’t have to be certified, I’m not a diver. I’m all over the place, certainly accepting guidance and unsolicited advice. Would like to stay in the $300 and under range. Intrigued by Orient Kamasus and Islanders. Would prefer it be solar but the ISL-100/101 might be the ticket. Here’s my small and pretty cheap collection. While I’m new to this forum I certainly know how things go, if mods think this should go in a different spot no worries. View attachment 16829068
Check out Seiko Solars. And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks for allowing me to join, kinda new to the watch collecting community. Next watch I want to add is a “dive watch.” Dive style is fine, doesn’t have to be certified, I’m not a diver. I’m all over the place, certainly accepting guidance and unsolicited advice. Would like to stay in the $300 and under range. Intrigued by Orient Kamasus and Islanders. Would prefer it be solar but the ISL-100/101 might be the ticket. Here’s my small and pretty cheap collection. While I’m new to this forum I certainly know how things go, if mods think this should go in a different spot no worries. View attachment 16829068
Welcome to the forum! I don't have a specific recommendation, but wanted to say welcome.
"What a watch costs means nothing. How you feel about it means everything."
--Me

1 - 20 of 80 Posts