WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Discovered this wonderful site doing some research. A best friend just died, my G Shock of 12 years passed away. (Battery I think) Not sure of model number but it has a velcro strap with a buckled strap above it if anybody knows the model. I decided to go in a different direction. I looked around a little and found the Seiko Orange Monster. Watch came in today and it is nice but it is no G Shock. I stuck it back in the mail. I need a new G Shock but not sure what. I have big wrists. The Big Orange fit but barely. Wished it was a millimeter or two bigger in the wrist. I am not a big fan of plastic watch bands so whatever I get, I will need to find a velcro or similar band to go on it. I am looking at the GW9000A-1. I also like the looks of the G9300-1. The one feature I really need it to do is have a stop watch. Other than that, I am open for sugestions. Being a big guy, I need a big watch. I don't want to spend more than $200. Any recommendations that I haven't mentioned? Any good velcro or similar type bands I need to check out? I am going to get a new battery in the old watch but after 12 years, I think I need to add to my collection.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Here are my suggestions in no particular order:

GW-6900 you could order strap adapters for it and put it in a nice 24mm Maratac Zulu.

G-7900ms - if atomic and solar are not needed

GX-56 - I read that you can get a BR-01 strap and it fits on The King. Band runs about $40.00 on ebay

If you want to go outside G-Shocks, you could get a Casio Pathfinder. Many models come with the nylon straps and some even have TI bands

Good hunting.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If the Orange Monster seemed small, the g9000 may also feel a bit too small on your wrist. If you have a Macy's nearby, it is a good place to check out the relative sizes of g-shocks.

Many g's can be retrofitted for a nylon/fabric/velcro strap - a straightforward DIY project. But, if you have been away from plastic/rubber watch straps for some time, you may be surprised at how far they've come - soft, comfortable and durable.

May I suggest my new favorite, the g9300 (your other choice). Just happened to have a shot of it next to the OM:

For reference my wrist is 7" around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts