WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New guy - advice on purchasing Chrono Avenger?

Hi guys - I'm a new member who's lurked but as a soon to be Breitling owner I wanted to say hi even if I may be ten days premature! :-d

But I'm in NYC at the beginning of Jan and will be making my first Breitling purchase.

As a matter of interest - I'll be going to an AD such as Tourneau or Kenjo - what is a rough guide price for a new or used Chrono Avenger with a white dial? I want to spend roughly $2000 - will that get me one?

Any tips on whether to get a leather strap or bracelet (or both?!)

Cheers!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey, its the holidays!

Welcome to the group! The Super Avenger watch price range for a new one is roughly between £1685 (for blue dial/diver strap) to £1970 for a black dial with titanium bracelet. The chronograph version is £2150 and thats with the titanium bracelet. The SS version will cost £2325.

You also have the Chrono Avenger M1 series using Breitling's SuperQuartz (thermo-compensation machine marvel - 10times the accuracy of standard Quartz!). They range from £1805 for a blue leather strap/blue dial version to £2220 for the all titanium model. Dont think they do this particular series in SS.

However the white dial all titanium Chrono Avenger automatic with brown leather strap will set you up at around £1750. No idea what the $ equivalent, though the £ is at the moment a lot stronger than the $. New prices are coming in shortly so be quick! ;-)

IMO the bracelent would be the better option. You could always spend money on a very good non-Breitling leather strap later. If you do buy the strap and opt for the Breitling bracelet (i.e. in SS) it will be expensive! The pilot SS bracelet for a Chronomat Evolution is over £400. At least with a strap you can get away with buying non-Breitling, but with a bracelet you dont have a choice.

Hope that helps mate! santasmile

Let us know when you get it! |>

·
Registered
596 Posts
There is a white dialed Chrono Avenger @ Bernard Watch for roughly $2600 & the Watchseller has a blue dial for around $2300: 2g's will get you one on the sales forum however white dials rarely pop up over there. Hope this helps. No affiliation with the two ad's mentioned and didn't mean to step over bounds with this reply - just wanted to help a fellow WUS out.

Happy New Year

·
Registered
11,826 Posts
While I'll leave the pricing between you and the dealer, I will mention I expect you'll have to bump the dollars a bit (it'll be worth it!). I would DEFINITELY reccommend the titanium bracelet (see my pics in the other CA post on the first page for various strap options, but mine spends most of it's time on the bracelet, and Breitling bracelets are one of their strong points).

As to a dealer reference, well... I don't normally spout the names on the internet. I will however send you a PM with my suggestion! (Check your box).

Enjoy the new watch, and don't forget to post pictures for us to enjoy too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Hey, its the holidays!

Welcome to the group! The Super Avenger watch price range for a new one is roughly between £1685 (for blue dial/diver strap) to £1970 for a black dial with titanium bracelet. The chronograph version is £2150 and thats with the titanium bracelet. The SS version will cost £2325.

You also have the Chrono Avenger M1 series using Breitling's SuperQuartz (thermo-compensation machine marvel - 10times the accuracy of standard Quartz!). They range from £1805 for a blue leather strap/blue dial version to £2220 for the all titanium model. Dont think they do this particular series in SS.

However the white dial all titanium Chrono Avenger automatic with brown leather strap will set you up at around £1750. No idea what the $ equivalent, though the £ is at the moment a lot stronger than the $. New prices are coming in shortly so be quick! ;-)

IMO the bracelent would be the better option. You could always spend money on a very good non-Breitling leather strap later. If you do buy the strap and opt for the Breitling bracelet (i.e. in SS) it will be expensive! The pilot SS bracelet for a Chronomat Evolution is over £400. At least with a strap you can get away with buying non-Breitling, but with a bracelet you dont have a choice.

Hope that helps mate! santasmile

Let us know when you get it! |>
That's brilliant advice, thanks. I'll go for the bracelet and see what I can do with a leather strap later.

Cheers for the advice guys!

As a thought, how much room do good AD's have to reduce prices for a customer who knows what he wants and is prepared to shop around for the best deal? Is there a percentage markup that gives them discretion?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Tip on currency conversions

Hi there,

I noticed that tompw specified his amounts in GB Pounds and that he didn't know the conversion rate. Did you know that Google can help with this conversion? Use the Search function, not to search, but to convert!

Simply type: 2100 gbp in euro or $ 2100 in euro or 2000 euro in gbp to have a reasonable estimate. Other currencies work too, for example 580000 yen in gbp :-!. I have not found a list of currencies supported but just give it a try.

Kind regards,

Cinq

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Tip on currency conversions

Hi there,

I noticed that tompw specified his amounts in GB Pounds and that he didn't know the conversion rate. Did you know that Google can help with this conversion? Use the Search function, not to search, but to convert!

Simply type: 2100 gbp in euro or $ 2100 in euro or 2000 euro in gbp to have a reasonable estimate. Other currencies work too, for example 580000 yen in gbp :-!. I have not found a list of currencies supported but just give it a try.

Kind regards,

Cinq
Good point, Cinq!

Does anybody have the US retail list prices for Chrono Avengers or M1s? Are they the £ equivalent, or £ for $? Or somewhere in between

·
Registered
811 Posts
Breitling's World Time is a free
download from its website, &
includes a currency converter.
You can go there & get it NOW!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Better still, try this free download with which to decorate your desktop.

World time AND currency converter for the discerning Breitling owner.santasmile

www.breitling-world-time.en.softonic.com/ie/39193

Cheers

Ahh, beaten to it. Cheers BIG CHRONO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts