WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning guys (and gals)!

Just wanted to say a quick hello from a new (and non-native English speaking, so bear with me) member.

Until two and a half years ago, I hadn´t worn a watch since I entered university. Upon graduating, I decided it was time for a "nice" watch; it should be robust and waterproof. After not much research, I bought a Mühle SAR Rescue Timer and wore that watch until last month exclusively (save the occasions when it seemed to be too much of a tool watch, when I wore no watch at all).

A few weeks ago something nagged me to get a sporty, yet a little bit dressier watch to wear daily. Also, I had grown weary of the Mühle´s looks, so I decided to put it up for sale (hasn´t happened until now, though) and get another "beater" or "tool watch". Oh, and maybe something for the more formal occasions.

These two latter watches should cost roughly half of my daily wearer, as I wouldn´t wear them that often (one for the swimming pool and one for the church, so to say ;-) ) and I would rather pour my money into a really nice watch that I would enjoy every day than having huge amounts of money sleeping in the drawer.

So I set off to the jewelers in town to look at some nice watches (still unaware of watch fora et. al...) - and almost immediately fell in love with a Speedy Pro. It was exactly the watch I wanted - sporty, yet doesn´t look ridiculous either in the office nor with shorts.

That left the "dress watch" and the "beater". I saw many many nice watches, but all were far more expensive than what I wanted to spend (for the reason given above). To make a long story short, I bought used; a 1962 Seamaster DeVille automatic with rosé gold cap and a 1996 Seamaster Professional Quartz (which i like immensely, it´s very accurate and requires next to no TLC. Plus, I dont have to unscrew the crown to get it going when I seldomly wear it - can´t be bad for the water resistance |> . And I paid only 400,- Euros for it!).

So here I stand today, with three Omegas. And a month ago I thought I might end up with a Submariner ;-) .

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Welcome to Omegaland, curty

Morning guys (and gals)!
Howdy and welcome, curty!
Just wanted to say a quick hello from a new (and non-native English speaking, so bear with me) member.
Quick or slow, we're happy to have you here, and your English is just fine.
Until two and a half years ago, I hadn´t worn a watch since I entered university.
I did (it was a Swiss Army watch I had received for my 15th birthday) but I still managed to show up late almost daily.
Upon graduating, I decided it was time for a "nice" watch;
This seems to be a popular trend, a way of treating yourself and exhibiting some degree of independence. I did the same thing, but it was a rather plain Tag Heuer diver. Ah, those were simpler times.
it should be robust and waterproof. After not much research, I bought a Mühle SAR Rescue Timer and wore that watch until last month exclusively (save the occasions when it seemed to be too much of a tool watch, when I wore no watch at all).
Without google, I wouldn't know what that is, but it's a pretty cool tool watch.
A few weeks ago something nagged me to get a sporty, yet a little bit dressier watch to wear daily.
One is never enough, is it? ;-)
Also, I had grown weary of the Mühle´s looks, so I decided to put it up for sale (hasn´t happened until now, though) and get another "beater" or "tool watch". Oh, and maybe something for the more formal occasions.

These two latter watches should cost roughly half of my daily wearer, as I wouldn´t wear them that often (one for the swimming pool and one for the church, so to say ;-) ) and I would rather pour my money into a really nice watch that I would enjoy every day than having huge amounts of money sleeping in the drawer.
That sounds like a very level, reasonable approach. I would have recommended a Speedy Pro.
So I set off to the jewelers in town to look at some nice watches (still unaware of watch fora et. al...) - and almost immediately fell in love with a Speedy Pro. It was exactly the watch I wanted - sporty, yet doesn´t look ridiculous either in the office nor with shorts.
Yeah, that's the one! You read my mind! I can't think of a watch that exudes more class, while being exceptionally rugged and durable. Great choice!
That left the "dress watch" and the "beater". I saw many many nice watches, but all were far more expensive than what I wanted to spend (for the reason given above). To make a long story short, I bought used; a 1962 Seamaster DeVille automatic with rosé gold cap and a 1996 Seamaster Professional Quartz (which i like immensely, it´s very accurate and requires next to no TLC. Plus, I dont have to unscrew the crown to get it going when I seldomly wear it - can´t be bad for the water resistance |> . And I paid only 400,- Euros for it!).
And, a couple other great choices to fill in, when required. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a nice quartz beater. It'll always be more resilient than a mechanical and, for 400 euro. Very nice.
So here I stand today, with three Omegas. And a month ago I thought I might end up with a Submariner ;-) .

And you have a very fine trio that would be the envy of many.

We're happy that you found us but, be careful. You're already starting to become addicted, and we love to help people spend their money.

eric

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
A warm welcome from me aswell...:-! :-! :-!

Great taste is watches BTW..B-)

Have fun here..:-!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for digging up an oooold thread....

I just stumbled upon what I posted almost exactly two years ago. In that time, I´ve become hooked and owned almost 30 watches :-s , but always adhered to my "3 watches rule".

Guess what? Two of the three are still Omegas. :-!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.