WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I'm a very longtime lurker here, but new today as a registered member. Being new, I understand this might be a red flag that I'm attempting to trade something.

I actually came on this morning to read reviews about a Laco Aachen. Then I remembered the WTT subforum and it popped in my head that I should consider trading my Munster away.

I LOVE the watch, but two things have me thinking about parting ways with it.

1- The straight lugs don't seem to work well on my wrists (6.75" - oval, not flat), and even though I love the watch, I end up not wearing it often because I don't like its tendency to jut out past the top outside edge of my wrist. Those flat lugs look cool, but they're not working well for me. I think it would sit well on a flat 6.75" wrist.

2- I've just ordered a Laco Aachen. It's not as nice and not as historically interesting, but the curved lugs should fit my wrist better and I've always preferred the B-dial on Fliegers.

I posted a review when I first got it in 2014 from Island Watch. The review from JMH at LIW is mine, if you want to check it out. I still feel the same way as I did then (with the exception of the way it fits), but I just don't wear it enough. I've probably worn it fewer than 30 times in the last two years.

I have the box, the nice leather travel case, leather hang-tag, manual, even still have the plastic clingy protector thing that came on the crystal. Watch is in good condition with normal wear on the strap. I tried to take very clear photos. It may look like there's hairline scratching in the sunlight, but it's not so. I think it's fibers from the micro-suede cloth I used to wipe it down before taking pics.

Looking to trade for something of equal value. I like 40-43mm watches with a L2L of 50mm or less. Been hankering for a sunburst blue diver, also interested in a clean, classic chrono. Autos only. To give you an idea, I've been lusting after Alpina's AL750 series chronos in silver/blue or silver/black, lately. Recently bought a Bulova Accu-Swiss Chrono 63C120 that I liked the looks of very much, but the box arrived all smashed up and the watch had visible signs of being banged around, so I sent it back. Too bad. I think it woulda looked pretty great on a honey brown rallye strap.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just thought I should add a pic with my name and date to show I'm not a robot and I do own the watch in the pics. Watch Strap Watch accessory Fashion accessory Brown

aaand, it's upside down. LOL. Sorry. I used to be very active on Badger & Blade as Walter Sobchak, in case any of you were part of that community. Work and family have kept me too busy to be on the fora as much as I used to. Ebay name is Buyerjon 100% good feedback.
Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Got a couple of nice offers, just not what I'm looking for. Still hoping for a chrono with a clean dial, exchanging cash if necessary. Also interested in blue dials - especially a sunburst blue dive, Jazzmasters (or similar, Visodate?)...nothing super dressy, rather something that works pretty well dressed up or down. Not a fan of roman numerals, Orient Watch Co, or The Eagles.

Thanks.
J

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Offer still open. Thanks to those who've responded with offers.

Anyone got a Hammy Pan Europ Day/Date they're not wearing? I had the chrono and loved it, but it was too big. Love to trade for a Day/Date.

Thanks,
J

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Open to any dive watches or GMTs.

Steinhart Ocean One GMT? Certina DS Action in blue? DS Podium Chrono? Squale?

Also could give or take a couple hundred in cash to even things up.

Thanks.
J

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought I should point out that this model has the ETA 2824-2. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Everyone,

Still have this available. Took it off the market for a couple months to see if I could get comfy with the way it fits, but I'm definitely not going to wear it, so back it goes to the trading block.

Can trade up or down. I have the trade value at $600. I could add up to $400 in cash for the right piece coming back. Still looking for automatics, L2L less than 50mm. Chrono or Diver preferred. GMT would be good, too.

Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts