WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I had an S100 and sold it and picked up a T200 instead. Classic styling and beautiful finishing with all the modern quartz tech. Tough Solar, MB6, bluetooth, perpetual calendar, sapphire crystal, and an amazing dial.

That's a really nice looking watch!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Good call on the GW5K. I think I’ll be purging most of my g-shocks except that one.
But u really need to try a GW9400 and a frog.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Awesome insta-collection!

But, definitely a good idea hitting pause for a little while. Not because I'm advocating that you should have only that many G-Shocks, but because I can pretty much guarantee that:

(1) your G-Shock taste will go through multiple phases before you settle down with a balanced collection - eg when I first started collecting, I bought about 8 or more squares in the space of a few months, only to cull that down to 2 (one of which is a GW-5000, which you have to wear to appreciate, I reckon); and

(2) the world of G-Shock (as T4P alluded to) is almost overwhelmingly huge, and you'll feel the siren call constantly, particularly on this forum - I've found that it's more enjoyable settling in for a long ride (in retrospect this is a similar point to #1 haha).

That said, do what makes you happy! That's what this hobby is all about. At the end of the day, even a single watch is arguably redundant, given we carry our phones everywhere.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
VERY TRUE. also, there is the phenomenon where you buy a G you “like” -just as a new style that you would sell your soul for comes out. It’s already happened to me twice.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just thought of something. GX56 in metal,.. Titanium for weight. Sapphire crystal. Matte black with red lettering and accents. Also, Positive STN display, and of course Solar MB6.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
@Racer88 you asked
"Yeah... It looks "ok" to me. But, it doesn't really call to me. What is the story with the name "oak?"
And @JustAbe the AP was an image I got off the net to show Racer88 and sadly not mine :cry:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Crap... the Rangeman is calling to me. It looks big, but I think that's kind of the idea, eh? Big and bold?

I have a 7-inch wrist. Not a big guy... 5' 8". Also... 56 years old. Going to look ridiculous? Supposed to look ridiculous? LOL!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I hope your not going to use the same approach you used for knives and watches to start a family. You know, have octuplets.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I hope your not going to use the same approach you used for knives and watches to start a family. You know, have octuplets.
Ha! Nope. 56 years old. Married 21 years. Two kids. 16 and 19 years old.

I'm away for an 4-day weekend family getaway... so, just one Casio on me (the rest are at home). I'm wearing the Pro Trek 3100Y all weekend. It's quite a nice watch!

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Crap... the Rangeman is calling to me. It looks big, but I think that's kind of the idea, eh? Big and bold?

I have a 7-inch wrist. Not a big guy... 5' 8". Also... 56 years old. Going to look ridiculous? Supposed to look ridiculous? LOL!
"Which" Rangeman? The GW-9400 was the first gen. The GPR-B1000 is the latest gen. The GPR-B1000 is MUCH bigger than the 9400.

The 9400 easily works on a 7" wrist. It may look big at first, but you can easily get used to it. It's made to look that way. And the 9400 is one of the most full-featured Gs for the money. Has some neat features like a one-touch, 1,000 hour stopwatch. IMO it needs to be in just about every G lover's collection.

I'm assuming you meant the 9400. There are a LOT of versions of it that have been made. Check out this G-central link for a look at them: Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400: All Models Released – G-Central G-Shock Watch Fan Blog

Be advised, some of them are limited edition, or just very popular because of the color scheme alone - so prices will vary WIDELY. ;) Yet functions of the watch are exactly the same for all of them. Many have carbon fiber/resin bands, and some others have just resin bands.

Reactions: Dxnnis and Racer88

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
"Which" Rangeman? The GW-9400 was the first gen. The GPR-B1000 is the latest gen. The GPR-B1000 is MUCH bigger than the 9400.

The 9400 easily works on a 7" wrist. It may look big at first, but you can easily get used to it. It's made to look that way. And the 9400 is one of the most full-featured Gs for the money. Has some neat features like a one-touch, 1,000 hour stopwatch. IMO it needs to be in just about every G lover's collection.

I'm assuming you meant the 9400. There are a LOT of versions of it that have been made. Check out this G-central link for a look at them: Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400: All Models Released – G-Central G-Shock Watch Fan Blog

Be advised, some of them are limited edition, or just very popular because of the color scheme alone - so prices will vary WIDELY. ;) Yet functions of the watch are exactly the same for all of them. Many have carbon fiber/resin bands, and some others have just resin bands.
Yes... the 9400... original basic black. This one:

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Yes... the 9400... original basic black. This one:

View attachment 15374738
Solid choice. That one comes in two versions - the JDM version w/a carbon fiber strap, and the export version with just a resin strap. Naturally, you'll pay more for the c/f strap version.

You can get the resin strap version for probably less than $200. Check Jomashop and Ebay...

41 - 60 of 129 Posts