WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Watching the "Watch Geek" video on the Rangeman.

So, it's almost the same watch, functionally, as my Pro Trek 3100Y... in a G-Shock package. I'm liking it more now! Crap! LOL!

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
Watching the "Watch Geek" video on the Rangeman.

So, it's almost the same watch, functionally, as my Pro Trek 3100Y... in a G-Shock package. I'm liking it more now! Crap! LOL!
Almost....with a few more features.

I still say the GW-9400 has the 'honor'? of having the coolest, official g-shock video so far. (but getting the watch might not make you a Parkour expert!) 😂

Reactions: Dxnnis and GaryK30

·
Registered
610 Posts
sighhhhhhhhh!

I don't know what's up with the new crowd in this forum these days... suggesting features and features for your next G

while we have smart phones out there and there are always MORE THAN 1 APP FOR whatever you need
chances of you getting lost in the wildness, or YOUR world becomes zombies are ZERO to none

if your bank is fully loaded, and your kids' college tuition is fully secured, then, here are two directions to go:

- GO Vintage: MRG, DW-5000, screwbacks, frogmans, master of G's - (the homework, hunting, chasing, the waiting, the tracking, fixing, modding ...)

- GO colors (like I was teasing you in the first post): YELLOW, RED, WHITE, pink, blue ...ect (makes you look younger and might be best friends with you kids? maybe? lolz - and you might learn something new about yourself)

you ever come to this quote ? " FORM IS TEMPORARY - CLASS IS PERMANENT" ?

LOLZ

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
sighhhhhhhhh!

I don't know what's up with the new crowd in this forum these days... suggesting features and features for your next G

while we have smart phones out there and there are always MORE THAN 1 APP FOR whatever you need
chances of you getting lost in the wildness, or YOUR world becomes zombies are ZERO to none

if your bank is fully loaded, and your kids' college tuition is fully secured, then, here are two directions to go:

- GO Vintage: MRG, DW-5000, screwbacks, frogmans, master of G's - (the homework, hunting, chasing, the waiting, the tracking, fixing, modding ...)
I think to "go vintage," you've really gotta know your stuff. To use a car analogy... I decide I like Ferraris.... The easier and smarter thing to do as an ENTRY point into the Ferrari world is to go new (or very recent model). It's a known quantity. It will likely be less risky. Then start learning about the older cars, if so inclined.

To get into vintage Ferraris... you better know your "stuff." That takes TIME. It's FAR more risky (and usually FAR more expensive). You could get royally screwed, if you don't know your stuff.

I'm hoping my kids get scholarships. 🧐 And, zombies could happen! o_O:poop:

- GO colors (like I was teasing you in the first post): YELLOW, RED, WHITE, pink, blue ...ect (makes you look younger and might be best friends with you kids? maybe? lolz - and you might learn something new about yourself)

you ever come to this quote ? " FORM IS TEMPORARY - CLASS IS PERMANENT" ?

LOLZ
The ostentatiously colored models are not really my cup of tea. There may be one that comes along that speaks to me. But, not yet. I like a little color as ACCENTS. But, a solid-red watch? Yeah... not my style.

I'm finding Casio watches are very much like Spyderco knives. Tons and tons of "flavors." Something for everyone, and we all have varied tastes... though, there are certain "classics" that most will agree on.
Cheers! I'm having a ball with this, and it's taking my mind off the rampant pandemic of stupidity whirling around me / us. 🥵

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
I think to "go vintage," you've really gotta know your stuff. To use a car analogy... I decide I like Ferraris.... The easier and smarter thing to do as an ENTRY point into the Ferrari world is to go new (or very recent model). It's a known quantity. It will likely be less risky. Then start learning about the older cars, if so inclined.

To get into vintage Ferraris... you better know your "stuff." That takes TIME. It's FAR more risky (and usually FAR more expensive). You could get royally screwed, if you don't know your stuff.

I'm hoping my kids get scholarships. 🧐 And, zombies could happen! o_O:poop:

The ostentatiously colored models are not really my cup of tea. There may be one that comes along that speaks to me. But, not yet. I like a little color as ACCENTS. But, a solid-red watch? Yeah... not my style.

I'm finding Casio watches are very much like Spyderco knives. Tons and tons of "flavors." Something for everyone, and we all have varied tastes... though, there are certain "classics" that most will agree on.
Cheers! I'm having a ball with this, and it's taking my mind off the rampant pandemic of stupidity whirling around me / us. 🥵
Agreed - tons of 'flavors' of Casio watches! Something for every taste and budget. That's why so many of us have kinda gone off the deep end in this 'hobby.' ;)

I'm not really understanding the previous poster's argument of "there's an app for that" on your phone, so why get features/sensors on your watch? Well heeeeellllllll, if that's the case, then why get a watch at all? You can tell the time from your phone!

The point is, the sensors on Casio watches work, you don't need a phone for them, and if you WANT a watch with them - they are available. Back in my hunting days, I would have found the 9400 Ranger to be a welcome companion. Could have used the baro graph a lot and the compass occasionally, & maybe even the altimeter. Did I "need" them? No. But, they would have been cool and the compass would have been a nice backup.....just in case it was needed.

Reactions: Will666 and Dxnnis

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Well heeeeellllllll, if that's the case, then why get a watch at all? You can tell the time from your phone!

The point is, the sensors on Casio watches work, you don't need a phone for them, and if you WANT a watch with them - they are available. Back in my hunting days, I would have found the 9400 Ranger to be a welcome companion. Could have used the baro graph and compass occasionally, maybe even the altimeter. Did I "need" them? No. But, they would have been cool and the compass would have been a nice backup.....just in case it was needed.
Yeah... I have a cell phone, because I pretty much HAVE to. But, I use it mainly for phone calls (very few... literally about 15 minutes of voice time per month) and texting my kids. I use my laptop for all social media. I haaaaaaaaaaate using a phone for that. So inefficient and slow, compared to a computer with an actual keyboard.

I don't need all the sensors, either. But, some of the watches I like happen to have them. Living in Florida, with a hurricane approaching, it is cool to have the barometer to observe. Just today, I compared the barometer reading in my PRW-3100Y to the local weather station's reading. My watch said 29.95 inHg. The weather station: 29.96 inHg. I'll say that's amazingly accurate! It's just cool.

And, regarding telling time from your phone.... funny... I think I pointed out in the OP that the main reason I jumped into the Casio world was that my regular watch crapped out, and I was tired of having to reach for my phone just to tell the time. So... here I am! 🤓

As for the "vintage" or "collectible" watches... honestly, I don't want a watch that I won't want to WEAR. I like users. I did the same thing with Spydercos... I don't want any that are "too nice" or "too special" to carry or wear.

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
As for the "vintage" or "collectible" watches... honestly, I don't want a watch that I won't want to WEAR. I like users. I did the same thing with Spydercos... I don't want any that are "too nice" or "too special" to carry or wear.
I'm with you on that. I have owned, and do own, some pretty limited and/or rare g-shocks and some are worth a lot. I wear them all. That's why I got them, after all. :D(y)

Btw, I think your previous point about going vintage "later," after you learn more, is a good idea. And speaking of vintage, one of our top members on the forum - Kubr1ck - seems to have a thing for vintage Gs. ;) I'm sure you'll see some of his vintage pieces pop up now and then in the WRUW threads. I haven't been bitten by the vintage bug. At least not yet... 😂

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
I'm with you on that. I have owned, and do own, some pretty limited and/or rare g-shocks and some are worth a lot. I wear them all. That's why I got them, after all. :D(y)

Btw, I think your previous point about going vintage "later," after you learn more, is a good idea. And speaking of vintage, one of our top members on the forum - Kubr1ck - seems to have a thing for vintage Gs. ;) I'm sure you'll see some of his vintage pieces pop up now and then in the WRUW threads. I haven't been bitten by the vintage bug. At least not yet... 😂
I thought I was hitting the "pause" button a couple of days ago. I was wrong. I've got these three on the way. But, NOW I think I'm done for a little while! LOL! I can stop any time! I don't have a problem! I swear this is it. I mean it this time. :sneaky:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
That's great that you wear them.

Once, my wife and I were in a sporting goods store that carried a big selection of firearms (I'm an enthusiast). Can we even say the word "gun" here? I know we can't post photos and such. :sneaky: But, anyway... the clerk wanted to show me a special collector "anniversary" model of revolver. It came in a wooden box lined in red satin. The revolver was beautifully engraved. He carefully handed it to me and said, "This is a collector not a shooter." My wife laughed out loud and quickly interjected (before I got a word in), "He'll want to shoot it!" LOL! I didn't buy it.

·
Premium Member
8,275 Posts
That's great that you wear them.

Once, my wife and I were in a sporting goods store that carried a big selection of firearms (I'm an enthusiast). Can we even say the word "gun" here? I know we can't post photos and such. :sneaky: But, anyway... the clerk wanted to show me a special collector "anniversary" model of revolver. It came in a wooden box lined in red satin. The revolver was beautifully engraved. He carefully handed it to me and said, "This is a collector not a shooter." My wife laughed out loud and quickly interjected (before I got a word in), "He'll want to shoot it!" LOL! I didn't buy it.
I'm also a firearms 'enthusiast.' See the Watchuseek "Luxury and Lifestyle" subforum. There's a thread in it on "What's your Fav Pistol." Still no gun pics allowed, but ppl can at least talk about them.

Reactions: Dxnnis and Racer88

·
Registered
28,442 Posts
I thought I was hitting the "pause" button a couple of days ago. I was wrong. I've got these three on the way. But, NOW I think I'm done for a little while! LOL! I can stop any time! I don't have a problem! I swear this is it. I mean it this time. :sneaky:

View attachment 15375754
Nice incoming trioPls stick with this thread. Will be interesting how it will be evolving

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

View attachment 15375754
That's a killer trio!

Let us know your thoughts when they arrive.

Your watchbox has 1 slot left...

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
A GW-9110 would fit nicely in that last slot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dxnnis
61 - 80 of 129 Posts