WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
Divers & other tool watches
314 Posts
This is pretty much perfect for me! I'm used to buying current/in-stock Gs, though -- is the best bet to set up a saved search on Ebay for the model reference, sit tight, and wait for the Japanese shops that list on Ebay (Seiya, yokoyokoshop, etc.) to post?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nope. Most of the digital Casios all have the same size digits. The 5610 and the 6900s and even the GW-9400 Rangeman all have the same size digits.
As well as GMW's, correct?

Is about time CASIO updates its standard, almost 40 YO digital display design:

Positive MIP, three character days, larger digits, etc

* and it looks like this new model doesn't come with a combi bracelet.

For me, that was one of the main reasons to get one of the B5600 series watches.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
The first few of these are appearing on eBay at just under $200, shipping from Musashimurayama-City, Japan.
Yikes, kinda absurd. You might as well just buy the Gorillaz LE then with the positive display or fork over a bit more and try to find a deal on a Kobe square in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Well I think the main appeal of this one is that it doesn't have bright colors or a backlight graphic.
I’ve been keeping an eye out for a while for a positive, no goofy colors, modern BT square. I might get this one even with the green. I think if I hold out for an updated GW-5000 I might be waiting a while.

·
Registered
37 Posts
looks nice. but not sure it worth the going price. maybe it they do have a international version prices will come down.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I’ve been keeping an eye out for a while for a positive, no goofy colors, modern BT square. I might get this one even with the green. I think if I hold out for an updated GW-5000 I might be waiting a while.
I'm thinking of getting it purely for the module to swap into another...

I have the GW-B5600-2er on white resin (using stock images to replicate below), but the standard negative display, although i'd say better looking (opinions welcome), it just not legible enough along side my STN metals, I had the pos module from the yellow combi version in but the yellow tint didn't look perfect either, so its either a negative STN or this new positive, I think either looks great

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
looks nice. but not sure it worth the going price. maybe it they do have a international version prices will come down.
Sir !
No Gshock is worth its price because most of them are plastic and digital
May you find a DW-5600 somewhere on sale for 25 bucks and get on with your life !

·
Registered
128 Posts
I received it via e-mail:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (#350427) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Gina Kunzman (PHT04) (CASIO AMERICA, INC.)
Apr 6, 2021, 12:34 EDT

Thank you for contacting Casio America Inc.

That model will not be available in the states, it is only for Japan.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That is interesting seeing as a seller in Singapore lists both a Japan and 'International' edition. Which model number did you give them? Was it GW-B5600MG-1 or GW-B5600MG-1JF?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This might be the ticket. My GWM-5610 multiband hasn't been as convenient as I would liked lately.

Edit: just saw the camo. Might have to wait for some live shots before making a decision.
I bought the GWM-5610 thinking it would sync most nights. It never does. Even though I’m well within the coverage area to receive a signal from the Colorado tower. My first G-Shock was the GWB-5600-BC-1B. I loved that it would always sync over Bluetooth without needing a multi-band signal. I couldn’t stand the extra second or so it took to read the display when doing quick glances at work. I ended up returning it. So I’ve been praying for a positive display watch with Bluetooth for under $200.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I bought the GWM-5610 thinking it would sync most nights. It never does. Even though I’m well within the coverage area to receive a signal from the Colorado tower.
A trick that I use is to put the watch around a substantial piece of metal (like a large knife or steel rod - positioned as though the metal were your wrist), and it seems to boost its ability to catch the signal quite a bit. I have one G-shock square that only picks up the Ft. Collins signal that way, and refuses to catch it without. Works like a charm.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts