WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
It's so frustrating and strange that Casio makes a good watch like this, but makes it unavailable in the U.S.
There's this thing called The Internet, and you can buy stuff from all over the world on there. They'll even deliver it to your door!

EDIT - that reads much more douchey than intended LOL. I agree it is annoying that it's not sold here, but, it's not that hard to get one either, which was the point I was trying to make.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's so frustrating and strange that Casio makes a good watch like this, but makes it unavailable in the U.S.
Yeah it's weird that they don't release this watch worldwide.
The place where I bought the watch from, Japan Media Store on Ebay, only had 5 available and it sold out pretty quick.
I thought this was not a limited release.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah it's weird that they don't release this watch worldwide.
The place where I bought the watch from, Japan Media Store on Ebay, only had 5 available and it sold out pretty quick.
I thought this was not a limited release.
I was looking around and saw a few, but they were sold out. Leave it to Casio to finally make a clean, nice-looking watch and make it so hard to get. It should already be on Amazon. I have given up on it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I want to swap this module into the green/gold GW-B5600 with the combi bracelet, to finally make it look like it did in the initial promotional renders.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There are always our friends at Sakura to turn to in times of need...

Turns out they got one into my eager hands late yesterday after I posted that link above, and it's turned out to be better than I had expected.

Things that I like:
1. Very crisp and sharp display.
2. Less shadowing under the individual LCD elements than in a B5000G or D.
3. Internal illumination is almost identical to those, maybe fractionally brighter & whiter in my eyes. Very pleasing to look at.
4. Setting it up via the BT application was a total breeze.
5. Syncing is super-easy - just press a button, and it's done in like 5 seconds. Also it synched overnight with Fort Collins better than any steel-cased G-Shock I've got.
6. Band is fairly supple. Not GW-5000-1JF soft, but not far off it, either.

Things I'd change:
1. The display washes out under its internal illumination, when viewed from a very high angle, like looking down from the 12 o'clock position. But, it remains quite strong when viewed from a lower angle, which is what I'd prefer in any event, because that's the angle I see it from when it's on the wrist.
2. The lettering on the bezel is bright white - I'd rather grey.
3. I'm not a huge fan of the turquoise lettering on the bezel, but in reduced lighting the lettering is very subtle, and the green/black camo around the edges is effectively just black except in direct sunlight.

Overall impression: excellent value, great module, super-legible. I could see someone having fun modding the heck out of it.

Finally, a big thumbs-up to the folks at Sakura, who did a fine job getting the watch out quickly, with good comms and for a decent price.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine arrived today. I'm very impressed.

The camo pattern is subtle in real life conditions and the green lettering looks better than expected. The strap looks very similar to a GW-5000 and is quite soft, unlike some of the other resin strap B5600s I have seen. I'll be changing the bezel for all black and think I will wear this as is for a bit, delaying the original module swap I had planned...

Few pics for anyone interested:

·
Registered
164 Posts
So... bit of an update from me.

Strap - Compared the strap to a GW-5000. They look identical! The B5600MG is slightly less supple than the GW-5000 and the 5000 is flat where the B5600 has a moderate curved profile. Both straps are nice.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
There are always our friends at Sakura to turn to in times of need...

Turns out they got one into my eager hands late yesterday after I posted that link above, and it's turned out to be better than I had expected.

View attachment 15854505

Things that I like:
1. Very crisp and sharp display.
2. Less shadowing under the individual LCD elements than in a B5000G or D.
3. Internal illumination is almost identical to those, maybe fractionally brighter & whiter in my eyes. Very pleasing to look at.
4. Setting it up via the BT application was a total breeze.
5. Syncing is super-easy - just press a button, and it's done in like 5 seconds. Also it synched overnight with Fort Collins better than any steel-cased G-Shock I've got.
6. Band is fairly supple. Not GW-5000-1JF soft, but not far off it, either.

Things I'd change:
1. The display washes out under its internal illumination, when viewed from a very high angle, like looking down from the 12 o'clock position. But, it remains quite strong when viewed from a lower angle, which is what I'd prefer in any event, because that's the angle I see it from when it's on the wrist.
2. The lettering on the bezel is bright white - I'd rather grey.
3. I'm not a huge fan of the turquoise lettering on the bezel, but in reduced lighting the lettering is very subtle, and the green/black camo around the edges is effectively just black except in direct sunlight.

Overall impression: excellent value, great module, super-legible. I could see someone having fun modding the heck out of it.

Finally, a big thumbs-up to the folks at Sakura, who did a fine job getting the watch out quickly, with good comms and for a decent price.
How's the volume of the alarms?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
I went ahead and bought one and it arrived today. It doesn't look as good as the photos. Second - and this is my fault - but I was VERY disappointed to see that there is no battery status indicator. To me, that is a huge flaw. Not sure if I will keep it or not.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I went ahead and bought one and it arrived today. It doesn't look as good as the photos. Second - and this is my fault - but I was VERY disappointed to see that there is no battery status indicator. To me, that is a huge flaw. Not sure if I will keep it or not.
this is not the first version of GW-B5600, none of them have the battery indicator on the watch, its viewed on the app

·
Registered
171 Posts
this is not the first version of GW-B5600, none of them have the battery indicator on the watch, its viewed on the app
Do you see that as a problem, or no big deal. Going to another device to check the status seems kind of silly. On the other hand, do you know what they did with the extra real estate created by removing that? I can't really tell.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do you see that as a problem, or no big deal. Going to another device to check the status seems kind of silly. On the other hand, do you know what they did with the extra real estate created by removing that? I can't really tell.
I don't really mind. All of my watches see daylight/sunlight often enough for me not to worry about low, medium or high.

The B5000, best square ever (in my opinion), has no battery indicator either.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I honestly prefer not having the battery indication shown all the time. For one, my watches see enough light to stay on high all the time so I don't worry about the battery level at all. Secondly, it's less clutter on the screen. I wish it didn't show the PS (power save) all the time either, or even the RCVD. Less is more!

·
Registered
652 Posts
nothing was removed, this model display is inkeeping with the style of the original 5000s from the 80's, other square models had indicators added, or tide graphs etc, the ability of adding a bluetooth connection meaning you can do extra stuff from the phone app is optional, and in some cases may be useful (not to me, I don't use it myself) while not taking away from the original of the DW5000 aesthetics

81 - 100 of 115 Posts