WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I honestly prefer not having the battery indication shown all the time. For one, my watches see enough light to stay on high all the time so I don't worry about the battery level at all. Secondly, it's less clutter on the screen. I wish it didn't show the PS (power save) all the time either, or even the RCVD. Less is more!
I think CASIO, at least, should have done with the B5000/B5600 series, what they did with the GWN-Q1000 Gulfmaster, which doesn't include an onscreen battery indicator but it allows you to check the charge level by pressing a button. No connection to a phone required to do that.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think CASIO, at least, should had done with the B5000/B5600 series, what they did with the GWN-Q1000 Gulfmaster, which doesn't include an onscreen battery indicator but it allows you to check the charge level by pressing a button. No connection to a phone required to do that.
That would be a good idea!

But if it was the option of on-screen or no on screen (as current), I would still pick the current set up for the cleaner face and a function I never really use.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I
the 5610 I think isn't the best positive one, almost looks a little faded compared to the 5600, theres nothing special about this particular new one other than being the most neutral, so i'd put it the same legibility as a 5600e and the first positive b5600bc, although that has the yellow tint, I don't think it would be different in terms of legibility
I think the 5600e display looks a little bolder.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well, my GW-B5600MG-1JF arrived today from Tokyo.

Last night it was in Cincinnati. Delivered today, as promised. I didn't think it was happening.

DHL is Da Bomb.

As indicated before, the strap is very nice. Almost as nice as GW-5K's. Almost.

I'm planning to replace it with an OEM Combi bracelet V2, coming from TikTox. I've read several horror stories about installing Combi bracelets. We'll see how it goes.

Backlight is good. Although, not as good as on GMW-B5K's STN display:

Not a fan of the bright wihite lettering either. But, overall, I like it. It may become my next beater watch.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well, my GW-B5600MG-1JF arrived today from Tokyo.

Last night it was in Cincinnati. Delivered today, as promised. I didn't think it was happening.

DHL is Da Bomb.

View attachment 16069589

As indicated before, the strap is very nice. Almost as nice as GW-5K's. Almost.

View attachment 16069592 View attachment 16069595

I'm planning to replace it with an OEM Combi bracelet V2, coming from TikTox. I've read several horror stories about installing Combi bracelets. We'll see how it goes.

Backlight is good. Although, not as good as on GMW-B5K's STN display:

View attachment 16069603 View attachment 16069649

Not a fan of the bright wihite lettering either. But, overall, I like it. It may become my next beater watch.
I put a V2 combi on my B5600 HR - went on easy and fits like a glove. Used the existing springbars from the HR.

You just need to use a proper springbar tool and gently coax/push the springbar ends back into the holes in the lugs - they wont snap in by themselves

·
Registered
Rolex | Tudor | Oceanus | G-Shock
132 Posts
I put a V2 combi on my B5600 HR - went on easy and fits like a glove. Used the existing springbars from the HR.

You just need to use a proper springbar tool and gently coax/push the springbar ends back into the holes in the lugs - they wont snap in by themselves
Your B5600HR came with a combi-bracelet didn't it? The cool black/red one?

·
Registered
362 Posts
And the GW-B5600MG-1JF is on a combi bracelet, V2.

I don't know why people complain about replacing the strap with a CB.

For me it was very easy.

I just took it to my local jewelry/watch store.

I was going to replace the OEM springbars with aftermarket, thinner ones. But it was not necessary. The original springbars were used on the CB.

Somehow, the guy that performed the swap game an slightly unfriendly look (I did tell him I thought it should be easy, though)

Oh well...

Seriously, I really wanted to wear this watch ASAP, and since my eyesight is not 20/20 anymore, instead of sweating it, I asked a pro to perform the band/bracelet swap. I sized the bracelet myself, though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If the GW-B5600 series is the evolution of the DW5600 series C and E why can't they make one version that looks like a classic 5600? Same with the GW-M5610. If that is a 5600 series evolution why does it look like a 5000 series? I would love to have a modern 5600 with solar, multiband, Bluetooth that has the look of the 5600c and 5600e. Over the years the 5600c came in different colors and different colored face highlights. That would be perfect for me. Also please make it the same size as the 5600's 5200's and 5000's. Not a whole new size like the 5610 where bezels are not interchangeable. Just doesn't seem to make sense. I am done ranting now. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
178 Posts
And the GW-B5600MG-1JF is on a combi bracelet, V2.

View attachment 16088444

View attachment 16088445 View attachment 16088446

I don't know why people complain about replacing the strap with a CB.

For me it was very easy.

I just took it to my local jewelry/watch store.

I was going to replace the OEM springbars with aftermarket, thinner ones. But it was not necessary. The original springbars were used on the CB.

Somehow, the guy that performed the swap game an slightly unfriendly look (I did tell him I thought it should be easy, though)

Oh well...

Seriously, I really wanted to wear this watch ASAP, and since my eyesight is not 20/20 anymore, instead of sweating it, I asked a pro to perform the band/bracelet swap. I sized the bracelet myself, though.

Looks awesome! That model looks great on the combi.

I do think you are missing the intermediate link on your combi v2. There is a link between the end link and the 'normal' width ones which makes the transition smoother. Maybe you took these out when shortening the bracelet?

Note the difference on the first link after the end link 🙂

Watch Hand Light Gesture Finger

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks awesome! That model looks great on the combi.

I do think you are missing the intermediate link on your combi v2. There is a link between the end link and the 'normal' width ones which makes the transition smoother. Maybe you took these out when shortening the bracelet?

Note the difference on the first link after the end link 🙂

View attachment 16120548
Yes, side by side, my GW-B5600BC-1 and my GW-B5600MG-1, I can see the difference:

Watch Analog watch Gesture Rectangle Clock

* When I sized the watch my main consideration was the fit. And the watch fits great.

That difference doesn't bother me, but I may switch links to improve the look, though.

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier - Casio G-Shock GW-9200 Riseman
2,137 Posts
If the GW-B5600 series is the evolution of the DW5600 series C and E why can't they make one version that looks like a classic 5600? Same with the GW-M5610. If that is a 5600 series evolution why does it look like a 5000 series? I would love to have a modern 5600 with solar, multiband, Bluetooth that has the look of the 5600c and 5600e. Over the years the 5600c came in different colors and different colored face highlights. That would be perfect for me. Also please make it the same size as the 5600's 5200's and 5000's. Not a whole new size like the 5610 where bezels are not interchangeable. Just doesn't seem to make sense. I am done ranting now. Back to regularly scheduled programming.
I'd bet if Casio made an atomic and Bluetooth version of the G-5600E (white line like the DW-5600E), it would outsell the GW-5610 (red line).

Reactions: DingoDave
101 - 115 of 115 Posts