WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Coincidentally I also received a Blackout (without bracelet): the European model from Casio Europe:

(It's the GW-M5610U-1BER)

If you shoot it from the side with flash it looks pretty bright but it's actually the most stealthy AKA hard to read solar/MB6 square G-Shock I reckon.

This pic from Casio looks more realistic (just like the post above from Xerxes300):

(Of course) it's "Currently out of stock" @ the Casio Europe webshop now, so it was a good idea to snatch it up while it was still there. ;)
I wonder why it can't have the Negative dial just like the GBD-200-9... that's my easiest negative display to read since the numbers reflect pretty much all light.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread… why is this DW-5600RB-2 just as thick as the GW-5000U?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
443 Posts
i posted this same comment in the thread about receiving the signal. I have the brand new U models and they all sync regardless of where i leave them and i'm clear across the country from Colorado.

also, for Robdad, i hadn't realized it until you said it. the carbon fiber dial is definitely "brighter/darker numbers" over the 5000U, but i did notice the 5000U seems deeper in the case than the carbon fiber one.

Very interesting differences... i'm still in love with the 5000U though.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the 5610U needs to be in dimmer lighting before the light will come on? My 5610 el comes on in brighter rooms (which are still dim enough I wouldn't mind the light coming on.) A bit annoying (as I'm used to the other).. maybe a battery-preservation change?
i'm confused... are you suggesting the watch has light sensor?

all my U's turn on their light whether it's sunny or night.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks, but no.. it (and the other 5610U that I tried) was fully charged. I just think they've adjust the ambient light level that allows the auto light to go on. Probably conserves battery level to.. I do like the new watch though!
Font Circle Parallel Document Symmetry

·
Registered
443 Posts
i can't remember who mentioned it, but i'm surprised how clear and black the numbers appear on the GW-M5610 vs the GW-5000U or any others. I have all the new 3495 module squares and the GWM5610 is so nice. wonder what the small differences are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts