WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the 5610U needs to be in dimmer lighting before the light will come on? My 5610 el comes on in brighter rooms (which are still dim enough I wouldn't mind the light coming on.) A bit annoying (as I'm used to the other).. maybe a battery-preservation change?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'm confused... are you suggesting the watch has light sensor?

all my U's turn on their light whether it's sunny or night.
Sorry, not very concise of me. I meant the auto-light (when you flip your wrist towards your face; probably not using G-Shock proper terminology). So, I mean that the 5610U doesn't trigger as often as the 5610, and it's consistently when the room is dim enough to trigger the 5610, I imagine since solar powered, it reads a level of light/charging. I've tried 2 5610u's with same result: wearing both new and old, the new one only turns on when twisting my wrist if the room is dim enough. Not a biggie; i'll get used to it. I think the old one's light is prettier and more even, but the new led does make it easier to read the smaller print. And I do like the time available in timer modes, and the hold-C to get back to main screen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I read on this forum that some modules with solar power batteries will disable the auto light function when the charge falls below M ( medium) .
Could your watch charge be causing this?
Thanks, but no.. it (and the other 5610U that I tried) was fully charged. I just think they've adjust the ambient light level that allows the auto light to go on. Probably conserves battery level to.. I do like the new watch though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts