WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I’ve been really loving my new 5610U. So much in fact that that’s all I’ve worn since it came in almost a week ago now haha

I love the fact that it shows the time in all the modes. That was the one major drawback of my GW5000 and GW6900. No time in the upper right corner while in other modes. I use my stopwatch and timer very often and it’s a PITA switching back and forth to know the time.

Also, this new 5610U is super accurate. When I got it it hasn’t synced with the atomic clock in almost a week. It was .5 seconds off from the actual time. That’s 1/2 a second gain in a week. 2 seconds a month !!! Since I’ve been wearing it, it has synced every night to the atomic clock, and I live in AZ, and it’s synced every night without fail.

This is one amazing watch that to be honest definitely didn’t really need since I have like 5 other squares already ( DW5600E, DW5600C, GW5000, and a 5000-B metal/rubber model ) but super glad I did. It looks the closest to the original 5000C from 1983 IMO.

Another thing I like is the alarms / hourly signal is just a tad louder than the GW5000 and 5000-B as well. It actually wakes me up every morning.
I don’t own the 5610U yet, but I definitely do agree with you that it’s the closest to the original 5000C from 1983. I wish that Casio could bring back the original 5000C. I would buy up a few to have and wear.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
If I order the watch from this link, will I for sure get the new U version or is it random?

You more than likely will NOT get the U version. I ordered from the exact same link from Amazon and I received the old version with the EL Light. I did NOT receive the new U version. I’m kind of bummed out about this because I was expecting to send me the newer U version that shows the time in the stopwatch and countdown timer modes. However, I will keep the older version because I got it for a huge discount for $77 plus tax. I was thinking of returning it for an exchange but I doubt that Amazon will ship me the newer U version, so I’m just going to keep mine and wear it. I will wait until Amazon sells out on the older version and gets the newer U version in stock. So don’t bother ordering this watch because you will get the older version.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Would rather have a "hold the button for the light to remain on until the battery dies or you let go" option, truthfully, like the DW-5600. You hold the button for as long as you want, and it the light stays on for about a second after you let go.

EDIT: This would be the PERFECT time to use the redline crystal from the GW-M5610 and put it on the GW-5k so that I can finally buy one to replace my GW-M5610. If Casio really wants my cash for another square, give me a GWM-5610 in a steel case like I wanted when I bought the plastic one to begin with.
That would be very nice. I used to own the original DW5000C which has the same color way and looks just like the GWM5610-1 and the GWM5610U. Casio can manufacture an all stainless steel GWM5610U if the can manufacture a DLC GWM5000U. That’s how I see it. My question is WHY hasn’t Casio made a stainless steel GWM5610U and WHY did they only make a DLC GWM5000 and GWM5000U?

Most of the new features on this watch are things i dont care about. However i will probably end up buying one anyway.
Does anybody know if they changed the size of the watch? I would love to be able to use the spare GW-5000 straps and bezels i already own.

i wish they had made it a titanium case with a rubber strap and bezel or at least got rid of the dlc coating (which makes the case back sticky)
I agree. I HATE the DLC coating. I would like to see Casio make an all stainless steel GWM5610U. The DLC coating on the GEM5000U makes the watch look too dark. That’s my opinion though.

That's awesome. My 9 year old son recently became interested in watches and I ordered him a DW-5600E which he hasn't taken off in weeks. We're waiting on a red bezel from Pacparts to customize his so he can match Dad. Here he is wearing my other 5610.

View attachment 16000916
I love ❤ the 5610 sooooooo much. Your 5610 looks very nice.

Should not have clicked on here... how can I resist getting the GW-5000U...
I know the feeling. I’ve been going crazy drooling for the GWM5610U for the last week. I ended up buying a few of them to get my urges taken care of.

So it seems they fixed that reception issue that some of these new moduled GW-5000, GW-M5610 and GW-S5600U had in the beginning. I decided to keep one if the GW-M5610U I got from Amazon instead of sending it as a gift (I got him a GW-6900 instead). On my GW-5000U, the watch had a hard time syncing near my window. This GW-M5610 syncs to the atomic when it is on the dresser all the way on the other side of the room from the window. The other 3 atomic G-Shocks did not get the signal. I am quite impressed.
The GW5000 that I own which is almost 10 years old syncs half of the time. I think that it’s because the antenna is concealed inside the steel case. I find that both the GWM5610 and GWM5610U with resin case synch much easier than the stainless steel case GW5000 and GWM5000U.

If Amazon is out of stock, does it mean I'll definitely get the new M5610U when it's back in stock?
Let’s hope that you do. I think that Amazon has currently sold out on most of their Casio GWM5610-1 G-Shocks and that they’re replenishing their stock and getting the newer model GWM5610U in stock from Casio right now. Maybe others in here who have received delivery of their GWM5620U from Amazon in the last 48 to 72 hours can give us more information about this and tell us what model that they received.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Thanks
How bad is the white LED bleeding? This is the only thing that i miss in the older version
I wonder why they ditched the EL light
There’s no bleeding from the LED. It’s much better than having the EL light. The LED light is a much better improvement. Also, the LED makes this model even more retro just like its predecessor, the DW5000C-1A from 1983 which also had an LED light too. The newer LED is more advanced and it gives much better visibility to the lcd panel than the older style 1983 LED light technology.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
You should keep the GW-M5610 that is not a U model as it might have value in the future
Oh yes, I will definitely keep it. I also own 5 or 6 other GW-M5610 G-Shocks that I purchased brand new in 2013 that are unworn, but none of the Auto EL light works on them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts