1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From G-Central.

G-Shock 5000 U Series including GW-5000U-1

G-Shock, News

A reliable source has a new "Speed Model Series" listed for July 2021 in Japan. Though not all of the details are available, it includes three GW-M5610U models, one GW-5000U, one GW-S5600U, and one G-5600U, for a total of six watches.

Upon further searching, we found that the GW-M5610U-1 and GW-M5610U-1B (as the GW-M5610U-1ER and GW-M5610U-1BER, €129 each) are listed on some European retailer sites. We also found a search result for the GW-5000U-1 (as the GW-5000U-1ER, €299) from an official European G-Shock site, but that page is not currently active. The original source has a GW-S5600U-1JF listed, but we could not find any other results for this or a G-5600U. No images are currently available, but they should be soon.

See the rest of the article here.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am old, at least feel old, and my vision isn't what it used to be, but I too see no difference in outward appearance. The only option that could be of any use to my would be current time in all modes or CDT settable to the second along with 20 second alarm tone.
Adding a 3-second option on the light would be useful as well.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Light duration 1 or 3 seconds too by the looks of it. Dang, the ONLY thing it's missing from what I can tell is CDT auto-repeat 😤

Great detective work @Nokkaelaein
It seems like most solar/atomic Gs don't have an auto repeat CDT, which is too bad. The only current model I can think of that does have it is the GWX-5600 (or 5700).

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
So help me out. And I hope a million people haven't already asked this:

Why do people refer to this as the "speed" line or speed editions or whatever?

What exactly differentiates these releases from a respective original non-U model in new condition ?

Note: The above post was submitted 2 drinks in.
The "Speed" reference was in the original article by G-Central. It has since been removed.

The updates are listed in the article, as follows.

Here is a list of updated features for the "U" series.

• Full auto LED backlight
• Adjustable 1.5 or 3 second afterglow for light (versus 1.5 second non-adjustable afterglow on module 3159)
• Current time display in stopwatch and countdown timer mode
• 24-hour countdown timer is settable in units of seconds and not only hours and minutes
• Adjustable date format (M.DD or DD.M) and adjustable day of week language (English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian)
• Quick return to timekeeping mode by holding down Mode (C) button for more than 1 second
• Home city time and world time display swap in world time mode by pressing the top two buttons (A and B) at the same time
• 5 world time settings (48 cities), 31 time zones, the additional 2 time zones are for the cities of Fernando de Noronha (-2) and Kathmandu (+5.75)

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
Greg Anderson compares the GW-S5600U (module 3495) to the older GW-S5600 (module 3159).

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #550 ·
G-Central has posted an article about a couple new GW-M5610U colorways.

Watch Analog watch Light Rectangle Clock

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #552 ·
Thanks for sharing 👍 Blueish on the left looks really cool 😍
Personally, I'd like the positive-display one with the blue resin, which would go better with the blue line around the display.

Reactions: TTV

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #594 ·
Just got the GW-M5610U-1CJF a few days ago and I love the watch (that blue screen!), but I hate the band. Doesn't fit me well at all. Think I'll just get the regular strap that comes with most 5600's. It's unfortunate it isn't easier to get official Casio replacement straps here in the USA. Does anyone know why that is?
You might try PacParts. They are located in Southern California and they sell genuine Casio parts.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #597 ·
I've found resin straps on Ebay, and of course PacParts. I should have been more specific in that I meant like some of the overseas stores that have extensive parts selections. More importantly, they seem to actually have items in stock. PacParts never seems to have anything in stock I'm looking for, let alone their high prices.
Tiktox has a good price on the GW-5000 strap. I'm not sure how much shipping to the U.S. is, but the total cost should be way cheaper than PacParts on this item, which was $18 last year but is now $38 (not including shipping).

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
If I order the watch from this link, will I for sure get the new U version or is it random?

My friend and some people on this forum have received the "U" version, but @hoss just ordered one and he got the old version.

Reactions: watchw
1 - 13 of 13 Posts