WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
521 - 540 of 680 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,164 Posts
Ooooh! You got the GW-5000U! Congrats! You didn't have the willpower to resist after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you @Ottovonn! Truth be told I don't even really remember hitting the pay button ?.

• Haha
Reactions: TTV and Ottovonn

·
Premium Member
11,164 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Are the bezel and band interchangeable with the older model ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope they are.

I was planning on selling my old GW-S5600 and GW-5000 while keeping the new "U's" stock.

But it looks like the original bands are sold out everywhere, So, I've decided to keep the old watches as spares. At least, until / if the bands become more readily available.

I've checked the old and new bands and they measure exactly the same, so, they should be interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
11,164 Posts
FWIW, compared to the GW-5000 I had, the buttons on this particular GW-5000U is quite a bit easier to operate and the buckle seems slightly larger IIRC.

Reactions: Ottovonn and TTV

·
Registered
Proud Casio G-SHOCK fanboy
8,927 Posts
FWIW, compared to the GW-5000 I had, the buttons on this particular GW-5000U is quite a bit easier to operate and the buckle seems slightly larger IIRC.
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice. The 5000U's buttons on mine are definitely slightly easier to operate than the older, which I still have. And, yes, the buckle is larger. I've been hoping someone else would confirm my observations :cry:

Also, my GW-5000U has received an atomic signal for several days straight when worn at night. That's more consistent than the older model. However, the U, at least mine, does not receive as consistently off the wrist.

Reactions: TTV

·
Registered
92 Posts
Coincidentally I also received a Blackout (without bracelet): the European model from Casio Europe:

Watch Rectangle Gadget Watch accessory Material property

(It's the GW-M5610U-1BER)

If you shoot it from the side with flash it looks pretty bright but it's actually the most stealthy AKA hard to read solar/MB6 square G-Shock I reckon.

This pic from Casio looks more realistic (just like the post above from Xerxes300):

Watch Camera accessory Clock Rectangle Jewellery

(Of course) it's "Currently out of stock" @ the Casio Europe webshop now, so it was a good idea to snatch it up while it was still there. ;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Coincidentally I also received a Blackout (without bracelet): the European model from Casio Europe:

(It's the GW-M5610U-1BER)

If you shoot it from the side with flash it looks pretty bright but it's actually the most stealthy AKA hard to read solar/MB6 square G-Shock I reckon.

This pic from Casio looks more realistic (just like the post above from Xerxes300):

(Of course) it's "Currently out of stock" @ the Casio Europe webshop now, so it was a good idea to snatch it up while it was still there. ;)
I wonder why it can't have the Negative dial just like the GBD-200-9... that's my easiest negative display to read since the numbers reflect pretty much all light.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ordered the GW-S5600-1JF and have had a couple of days to wear it. First impressions: It is incredibly light - I truly forget I have the watch on my wrist; the carbon fibre band and smoked colored bezel are really distinctive and give the
watch a racing/sport style; and the new module is a nice upgrade to the previous version.
Very glad I purchased this watch as it defiantly stands apart from the 5610 square I have and think it makes a nice addition to a G collection.

Watch Finger Watch accessory Rectangle Wrist
Watch Rectangle Clock Gadget Finger

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had ordered the GW-M5610-1JF and GW-M5610MD-7JF from ippojapanwatch.com, a couple of weeks before the U series was announced.

Reading here about the U series, I had to add the GW-5000U-1JF to the order. First, I highly recommend ippojapanwatch.com for their excellent service and communication. Second, I want to report on the difference on the EL backlight vs LED. I cannot help but be blown away by the cool, calm beauty of the EL backlights. That alone is enough to warrant picking up the outgoing model. Pics for your pleasure (LED is the last pic):

View attachment 16090678
View attachment 16090679 View attachment 16090680 View attachment 16090681
This is a really bad comparison. You can actually see the camera exposure increase with each picture. In the first one you almost can't see the tag above the watch (and it is there), then in the next one it's barely visible, and finally in the last picture pic you can clearly make it out due to the increased exposure levels that also makes the watch backlight look blown out.

This is a completely meaningless comparison, and if anything I'd say that in this case it's actually intentionally deceptive.

521 - 540 of 680 Posts