WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
601 - 613 of 613 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Out of interest, have you contacted Casio USA directly or your local Casio AD?

I wanted to order a spare strap for my GPW-2000. A overseas seller was selling it for $150 and Pac Parts was selling it for $148. I went to my local Casio AD and they called Casio and told me it was about $100 (tax included) While still pricy for a strap it was still almost $50 cheaper then Pac Parts
Nice. Didn't even know that was an option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi!

A new 5610U owner here with two questions:

1. Are there any other "secret" modes other than the display test and the MB6 test mentioned here? Is there a resource describing these modes and their functions? I wasn't able to find any detailed explanation online, maybe I just didn't look hard enough.

2. Can somebody post the EAN code of the official 5000 resin band, as the sites in my country don't list the part number but show the EAN code.

And not to stray too off-topic:

Coming from 2 Seiko 5 watches, the 5610U is really something else. I decided to treat myself for surviving another year of this chaos and finally get a digital watch that would be worn mainly at work, so I could stop banging up my SRPE55. After seeing the updated features of the new models, I decided on the 5610U, as it came with the non-backward date display option :)

I really like the watch, especially the depth created by the solar cell layer. Very cyberpunk-ish, and I think that I even prefer the look/simplicity of this model over the TVA version.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised by how friendly and down to earth this community is when compared to r/watches, for example :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I’ve been really loving my new 5610U. So much in fact that that’s all I’ve worn since it came in almost a week ago now haha

I love the fact that it shows the time in all the modes. That was the one major drawback of my GW5000 and GW6900. No time in the upper right corner while in other modes. I use my stopwatch and timer very often and it’s a PITA switching back and forth to know the time.

Also, this new 5610U is super accurate. When I got it it hasn’t synced with the atomic clock in almost a week. It was .5 seconds off from the actual time. That’s 1/2 a second gain in a week. 2 seconds a month !!! Since I’ve been wearing it, it has synced every night to the atomic clock, and I live in AZ, and it’s synced every night without fail.

This is one amazing watch that to be honest definitely didn’t really need since I have like 5 other squares already ( DW5600E, DW5600C, GW5000, and a 5000-B metal/rubber model ) but super glad I did. It looks the closest to the original 5000C from 1983 IMO.

Another thing I like is the alarms / hourly signal is just a tad louder than the GW5000 and 5000-B as well. It actually wakes me up every morning.
I don’t own the 5610U yet, but I definitely do agree with you that it’s the closest to the original 5000C from 1983. I wish that Casio could bring back the original 5000C. I would buy up a few to have and wear.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #610 ·
If I order the watch from this link, will I for sure get the new U version or is it random?

My friend and some people on this forum have received the "U" version, but @hoss just ordered one and he got the old version.

Reactions: watchw

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
If I order the watch from this link, will I for sure get the new U version or is it random?

You more than likely will NOT get the U version. I ordered from the exact same link from Amazon and I received the old version with the EL Light. I did NOT receive the new U version. I’m kind of bummed out about this because I was expecting to send me the newer U version that shows the time in the stopwatch and countdown timer modes. However, I will keep the older version because I got it for a huge discount for $77 plus tax. I was thinking of returning it for an exchange but I doubt that Amazon will ship me the newer U version, so I’m just going to keep mine and wear it. I will wait until Amazon sells out on the older version and gets the newer U version in stock. So don’t bother ordering this watch because you will get the older version.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I really like the look of the new GW-M5610U-1CJF with blue outline. I'm in the UK and wondering if it will be released over here? I would like to get one, but at the same time I don't want to pay a silly price. Apologies if this question has already been asked and answered on here.

601 - 613 of 613 Posts