WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
621 - 640 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Thanks
How bad is the white LED bleeding? This is the only thing that i miss in the older version
I wonder why they ditched the EL light
There’s no bleeding from the LED. It’s much better than having the EL light. The LED light is a much better improvement. Also, the LED makes this model even more retro just like its predecessor, the DW5000C-1A from 1983 which also had an LED light too. The newer LED is more advanced and it gives much better visibility to the lcd panel than the older style 1983 LED light technology.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
I just bought three from J.C. Penney with coupons for $100

G9000-1V
DW5600E-1V
GW-M5610U-1JF, i don't think sellers realize the difference, woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Or they don't care. the hang tag on my GWM-5610U states it cost $140 MSRP. A look at what Casio is selling the Casio GWM-5610 for on Casio shows an MSRP of $140. Both watches seem to be the same MSRP so I doubt it bothers the sellers to know they have been selling the GWM-5610 over the GWM-5610

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
You should keep the GW-M5610 that is not a U model as it might have value in the future
Oh yes, I will definitely keep it. I also own 5 or 6 other GW-M5610 G-Shocks that I purchased brand new in 2013 that are unworn, but none of the Auto EL light works on them.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Just in case anyone is interested T H Baker have the GW-M5610U-1ER for £82.99:
HAGWE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Casio G-Shock GW-5000U-1JF
42 Posts
Dang I was hoping for a battery powered model with a good, loud, functional chime & alarm.
Sadly, the new upgraded version has a very soft chime and alarm, I guess due to the steel case and screw-in case back. I can barely hear it on mine, whilst on the also new GW-S5600U I can hear it much better.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i'm confused... are you suggesting the watch has light sensor?

all my U's turn on their light whether it's sunny or night.
Yes, the new module uses the light sensor from the Power Saving mode to turn on the light only when it's dark enough. So even if you have the Auto LED activated and it's sunny the light won't come on when you turn the watch to your face.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So there’s lots of chat and great pictures of the GW-5000U, GW-M5610U and GW-S5600, but has anyone got one of the G-5600UE?

multiband doesn’t work where I live, so I don’t need it. Looks like the difference between the GW-M5610U and the G-5600UE is multiband, but otherwise they’re the same (other than RRP and style). I’m looking for a cheapish positive square as a daily beater, the G-5600UE ticks boxes, especially the changeable date format.
Even if you live out of range of the atomic clock signal, you can download and install the Junghans app on your phone, set the current time on the app to any time zone where the signal is received (I set it to USA) and then switch the local time zone on your watch to Los Angeles, for instance. The watch will sync in 5 minutes to the time on your phone. Then you just have to switch back to the local time zone on your watch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I purchased both the GW-5000U-1JF and GW-S5600U-1JF from Seiya a few months ago. I won't review them now because it's redundant on this thread, but I have some thoughts about the GW-5000U-1JF:

-It's a heavy watch compared to any other resin square G-Shock. It's hefty and you definitely notice that it's on your wrist. In the long run you get accustomed to its weight but it is not as comfortable as the resin squares. I don't wear the watches too tight, so it tends to slide down a bit because of the weight and the soft resin band.
-The chime and the alarm sound are too weak for my ears. I have tinnitus (permanent ringing ears) so I barely hear it. However, I can perfectly hear the alarm of the GW-S5600U-1JF, so I guess the stainless steel case and caseback of the GW-5000U-1JF have something to do with that.
-All in all, I think it's a great watch and for me it's also a keeper. Seiya Japan is an excellent vendor, the watch took only three days to arrive to Miami from Tokyo, and they even added a cleaning cloth and a 2021 Seiko catalog in the box.

I leave some pics of both GW-5000U-1JF and GW-S5600U-1JF, the latter was modified with an original red bezel and strap, and aftermarket red bull bars.
Product Watch Communication Device Clock Font

Watch Clock Measuring instrument Gadget Electronic device

Motor vehicle Measuring instrument Font Service Gauge

Azure Rectangle Clock Font Display device

Scale Postal scale Product Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Material property

Watch Rectangle Clock Font Watch accessory

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anybody swapped out the glossy strap and bezel of the GW-S5600 in favor of the strap and bezel of a GWM-5610? I have had a few carbon fiber band Casio's (PRW-s6100, PRW-6100 and GPW-2000) and the Carbon Fiber has not impressed me. Plus the jelly look of the S5600 screams 1990s (I need to dig out my glow in the dark jelly necklace and go to a rave) I was thinking of getting a GW-S5600 or S5600U and replacing the strap and bracelet with ones from a GWM-5610. I would switch the buckle/tang from the S5600 over to the new strap. That way I get a light watch with Ti case back without trying to bring the 1990s back.
I did. I got the GWM-5600BC bezel and the GW-5000U band from eBay and put them on my GW-S5600U (I ended up swapping them for a red bezel and strap.) It looks great and it's more comfortable, the carbon fiber band is too long for my wrist and it's also stiffer than regular bands. I

621 - 640 of 652 Posts