WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
641 - 660 of 680 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
i can't remember who mentioned it, but i'm surprised how clear and black the numbers appear on the GW-M5610 vs the GW-5000U or any others. I have all the new 3495 module squares and the GWM5610 is so nice. wonder what the small differences are.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd say this is just a photo artifact.
It is very difficult to take a proper picture of the screen without the right equipment

Sorry, reviving an old post. But im looking desperately answers.
I bought yesterday a GW 5000U and i noticed a difference between the position of the screen of my 5610 and 5000u. That difference is noticable in this pic. Below the display of the 5000 there is more 'display space' for the battery indicators. And less room in the bottom of the display. The date window and day are 'pushed up'' towards the upper edge. I noticed this immediately and because the 5610 and 5000u share in diameters the same module i thought this was a big misaligment and sent it back. Now i think i made that choice too quick. What do you think?

The bezel is very tight of my 5610, no gaps between bezel and crystal, but the 5000 had 2 big gaps. I know this ain't an issue for the functionality but i couldn't stand it for a watch of 300 euros.

What do you think guys? Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I bought yesterday a GW 5000U and i noticed a difference between the position of the screen of my 5610 and 5000u. That difference is noticable in this pic. Below the display of the 5000 there is more 'display space' for the battery indicators. And less room in the bottom of the display. The date window and day are 'pushed up'' towards the upper edge. I noticed this immediately and because the 5610 and 5000u share in diameters the same module i thought this was a big misaligment and sent it back. Now i think i made that choice too quick. What do you think?

The bezel is very tight of my 5610, no gaps between bezel and crystal, but the 5000 had 2 big gaps. I know this ain't an issue for the functionality but i couldn't stand it for a watch of 300 euros.

Can you post photos of your watches so we can see what you are talking about?

In the photos above the difference is miniscule. I had to really look closely to notice a difference.

·
Registered
625 Posts

I just checked the watches live and yes, you could say that the display in the 5000U seems a bit more high that the 5610U. I could even see now that the 5000U is not perfectly aligned as the date line is not perfectly squared to the bezel.
But honestly, it doesn't bother me nor i realized until you mentioned it.

The shift of the module is not something that i would have ever noticed, nor seen it as a flaw.
As for the perfect alignment, well, we have seen many many watches not perfectly aligned, even the top tier titanium ones (and obviously from other brands) and I understand it could bother some people. In my case, maybe one day I may open the case and try to align it but it is not something that would stop me from getting the watch I like.

I guess it is a personal thing.

Either way, great watch

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

If you noticed it, it probably would not have bothered you any less down the road. If you already sent it back you shouldn’t dwell on it… you made the right choice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks you guys for checking, very kind of you. For a watch in that price category everything has to be perfect in my mind. Anyone knows the reason why the module sits higher in de 5000u?
Yeah, maybe especially after your feedback i could have lived with it, for sure. But still then i would have left the problem with the gaps between crystal and bezel.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thanks you guys for checking, very kind of you. For a watch in that price category everything has to be perfect in my mind. Anyone knows the reason why the module sits higher in de 5000u?
Yeah, maybe especially after your feedback i could have lived with it, for sure. But still then i would have left the problem with the gaps between crystal and bezel.
I think I read somewhere that GW-5000's construction was different from GW-56XX's. I.e. GW-5000's module seats slightly more recessed from the crystal compared to GW-56XX's.

Perhaps, that will explain the differences.

I can't find the reference, though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think I read somewhere that GW-5000's construction was different from GW-56XX's. I.e. GW-5000's module seats slightly more recessed from the crystal compared to GW-56XX's.

Perhaps, that will explain the differences.

I can't find the reference, though.

I read that too somewhere. But recessed means the distance between crystal and module are larger. I noticed no difference. What i did notice was a much clearer display, much darker numbers in comparison with my 5610 (no u)
So it would have been a nice upgrade, except i like the (old) green light more. With the 5000u it was very clear the source of the light was in de left side of the display.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do some of you have the 5000 (old) and the 5000u in possesion? If so, would you mind to post a picture of them both? Maybe this shift in module is characteristic only for the new U version. Much much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Do some of you have the 5000 (old) and the 5000u in possesion? If so, would you mind to post a picture of them both? Maybe this shift in module is characteristic only for the new U version. Much much appreciated!
Here's @D. A. (Tony) Vader 's nice comparison:

Here are my GW-5000 (Left) and GW-5000U (Right)::

View attachment 16358149 View attachment 16358134

* Very little difference. The U version looks a little bit crispier and less "yellow", maybe

Here they are, at a different angle (GW-5000U - Right) :

View attachment 16358197

* Again, the older display looks a little bit softer:

GW-5000
View attachment 16358179

GW-5000U
View attachment 16358182

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Hello.
What do look your buckles on the inner side?
Could you send pics here?
GW-5000U on left (stamp Casio Japan) GW-M5610U on right (stamp Casio Thailand):
Musical instrument accessory Auto part Nickel Automotive exterior Fashion accessory

GW-M5610U strap is wider and so is the buckle. It is also slightly thicker and harder than GW-5000U strap.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Thank you.
Is this pretty flat (besides stamp Casio Thailand), clear and well formed - or can you see some dots, dimples etc.?
Flat, no dots, just the text stamped.

It's strange but mine M5610U's buckle looks differently. The stamp Casio Thailand is as if in a groove...
Casio/vendor may have different tools at a time? Also the straps may differ slightly with models. Here is GW-M5610 on left and GW-M5610U on right, straps are different but stamps similar:
Watch Clock Watch accessory Font Strap

Gesture Rectangle Data storage device Computer data storage Watch accessory

Finger Gadget Material property Watch accessory Everyday carry

·
Registered
42 Posts
641 - 660 of 680 Posts