WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New GW-M5610U, GW-5000U, GW-S5600U, G-5600U "Speed Model Series"

193K views 727 replies 144 participants last post by  robbish1 
#1 ·
From G-Central.

G-Shock 5000 U Series including GW-5000U-1

G-Shock, News

A reliable source has a new "Speed Model Series" listed for July 2021 in Japan. Though not all of the details are available, it includes three GW-M5610U models, one GW-5000U, one GW-S5600U, and one G-5600U, for a total of six watches.

Upon further searching, we found that the GW-M5610U-1 and GW-M5610U-1B (as the GW-M5610U-1ER and GW-M5610U-1BER, €129 each) are listed on some European retailer sites. We also found a search result for the GW-5000U-1 (as the GW-5000U-1ER, €299) from an official European G-Shock site, but that page is not currently active. The original source has a GW-S5600U-1JF listed, but we could not find any other results for this or a G-5600U. No images are currently available, but they should be soon.

See the rest of the article here.

See less See more
#237 ·
If some of these are going to have classic colorways and positve displays, it's batshit that a GWB5600 isn't included in the lineup.

But you know me, I'm always down to see what casio does with the squares ????
when I first started up with WUS I was into completely different modes. Once I "squared up" nothing does it for me. Squares are the heroine of Gs. Can't get enough, they are the only thing that makes me happy, and I am limited only by my wallet.

#6 ·
I have some pictures, here you go:

Something to note is that it says LT instead of R.EL on the LCD. And it says LIGHT instead of EL BACK LIGHT on the frame. We can guess that the module has changed to a different type of light, but that is not confirmed.

For me most interesting is the European model GW-5000U. Because GW-5000 is not currently offered in Europe. Good news.

#11 ·
I really like mine... but it may jkust be a marketing gimmick to get more sales.
G Shock Atomic by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

#25 ·
Makes sense with Casio continuing to move away from EL in favor of LED. Power savings aside, which really doesn't come into play with solar anyways, EL is the better tech and looks nicer. LED is just a modern application of old tech and the ones I've seen look uneven and cheap compared to EL. Hopefully that won't be the case with the GW5000U.

Reactions: JCB43 and Rocat
#32 · (Edited)
Heey actually... When I go to the Spanish casio-shop webpage of the GW-5000U, using Google's cache as they seem to have pulled the page for the time being ;), there's actually the standard user guide link included. And it doesn't link to a 3159. It links to a module numbered 3495! Which doesn't seem to exist in the Casio manual database yet.

#36 · (Edited)
Yes! And! The Japanese manual of the 3495 module is now online! :whistle:🎵 You can fetch it from the Casio module manual search. I'm sure other languages will come up shortly. And, and... Holy crap, it seems the GW-5000 will indeed be upgraded with my number one wish, the current time showing in different modes:

Basically, it looks a lot like THE upgrade I've subjectively thought of as the hypothetical optimal classic square: time showing in different modes, yet also with the classic visible solar charge indicator, no mobile device pairing.

😲

#37 · (Edited)
Other nifty stuff: long press of the mode change button (1 sec or more) will return to the main time display from any mode. Even the stopwatch will indeed show the current time also after one hour has passed, and it just switches from minutes-seconds-hundredths to displaying hours-minutes-seconds, on the fly, keeping the current time visible in the small display. This is really great :p !

Also, you can switch the date format between MM DD and DD MM !

Wahhh, basically there's no other way to go about this, I will need to get a GW-5000 like this.

#52 ·
Lol I am just reading the earlier posts. This is a gamechanger for me. I use the CDT feature in GW-5000 often for timing food, timing water changes for my fish tanks, timing my rest intervals while lifting etc. An upgraded module may be enough for me. So excited.

#50 ·
So is the GW-5000 getting blue tooth? The new module is from the full metal squares right?
No, it's a completely new module that is literally a "more oldskool" update to the previous one. Complete with the oldie goodie charge indicator that isn't in the metal square modules, and everything. It didn't even have a manual online a short while ago, and now there is one in Japanese. No bluetooth (suits my preference. to see it exactly this way :) ).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.