WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The prices on these have been a little crazy lately from what I can tell. The Mad Men affect I suppose. This one needs a little attention but it will be O.K. for occasional use.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Im only familiar with Mad Men by Reputation, and also know people are using it as a descriptive. Late sixties? in any event Ive never seen that model Hamilton and can only say its ######g gorgeous. Did it ever come with a steel bezel.? I may have to go hunting. Enjoy that beauty.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm far from an expert but I think they only came with the gold filled cases. . There was a recent article on the watches that have been on the show. Unfortunately right about the same time I was looking for one.

I've read that these were in the catalog 1955-57.

·
Registered
741 Posts
well, i don't know about the "mad men effect", but the sputnik has always been popular with the vintage hamilton crowd. it's one of the most collectible of the swiss autos, so it usually commands a decent price.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i don't know about the "mad men effect", but the sputnik has always been popular with the vintage hamilton crowd. it's one of the most collectible of the swiss autos, so it usually commands a decent price.
I had only been looking for a few months. My only opinion comes from some of the deals I read about in some older posts. You certainly can't find these (unless you get really lucky) for under $200 now. I'm sure your experience trumps mine.

·
Premium Member
12,932 Posts
looks pretty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts