WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a card from the Post Office this morning. They had an item for me with Customs Duty due before delivery could be made. So decided to fetch it myself today, I knew it was my new Hamilton X-wind. It was posted in Singapore on the 16th of December, so not too long to wait considering the time of year. Much quicker than a Watch which was sent to me from New York on 27th of November by Express Mail which I'm still waiting for! But that's another story.:-d

Turned out that there was £20 to pay. Fortunately sender had only valued the Watch at $175 US on the Customs form, so I consider I got away lightly. I could have ended up paying £60+.

Well, it's a hell of a Watch, houses the Val 7750 auto movement, beautifully made and supplied in very nice metal presentation box with manual and 2 year international warranty.

I will post my final conclusions in a few days time.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Hamilton makes a great watch and the X-Wind has a beautiful dial.....Congratulations!!!

·
Banned
45 Posts
Yeah I was having a hard time deciding between that watch and the Jazzmaster. In the end I went with the Jazzmaster becasue if I'm spending 700 on a watch I want something that can be worn for causal and dress, and in my mind a watch that looks like a diver'ish' watch isn't as dressy. Still a beautiful watch and if I had cash I might just own both, since i'm really loving the jazzmaster, it's a heavy sturdy watch and I like that, and at the moment only lost 1 sec over the last 30 hours. I'd really like to see one with the light face.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was having a hard time deciding between that watch and the Jazzmaster. In the end I went with the Jazzmaster becasue if I'm spending 700 on a watch I want something that can be worn for causal and dress, and in my mind a watch that looks like a diver'ish' watch isn't as dressy. Still a beautiful watch and if I had cash I might just own both, since i'm really loving the jazzmaster, it's a heavy sturdy watch and I like that, and at the moment only lost 1 sec over the last 30 hours. I'd really like to see one with the light face.
I had'nt seen the Jazzmaster before, looks a nice Watch too.:-!

The X-Wind is a superbly made Watch, and I think it could be worn for any occasion, but it is a big one.

I've been timing it over the past 8 hours, and it has'nt budged a second yet. So looking good.|>

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Very nice Hamilton RD!
Looking forward to more of your thoughts.
Congrats!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Nicw watch Ken but a bit busy for my taste If I were to get a Hammy I think it would be more to the Jazzy instead just has a bit of flare IMO nethertheless you have A NICE CHUNK OF STEEL ON YOUR WRIST:-!

Congrats and wear it in good health

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
The ULTIMATE "busy" watch is a Navitimer and I'd love to own one, so "busy" isn't a problem for me unless it's poorly done or useless.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Ken I didnt mean to offend you about your watch I thought it was /is a great watch but just a bit busy for me is all maybe I need to see it in person to actually visualise it for myself.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Love the leather strap on that 'busy' Tissot, anyone know Where I can get one similar to it ?
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The ULTIMATE "busy" watch is a Navitimer and I'd love to own one, so "busy" isn't a problem for me unless it's poorly done or useless.
I was going to just say "it could be worse it could be a Breitling" :-d

Navitimers are great "chick" magnets too ;-)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ken I didnt mean to offend you about your watch I thought it was /is a great watch but just a bit busy for me is all maybe I need to see it in person to actually visualise it for myself.
jak, Don't worry, I was not offended at all. I don't even know what gave you that idea. I just thought I would show you what I consider a busy Watch.

By the way, I'm having trouble getting the pins out of the bracelet to shorten it. Does anyone know if it is one of those bracelets with those tiny collars on the pins, I really hate those. If so I will need to take it to a Jeweller, just can't cope with 'em.<|

Happy New Year everyone.:-!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I've seen a few of those multilink bracelets with a collar in at least one link for tension but none of my Hamiltons are more than three link style and none have collars.

On a side note I am always on the lookout for "lefties" and that xwind is an awesome leftie!!!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Ken I cant help you on the hammy pin situation because I dont even own a Hammy but just maybe I will this 2007. Im seriouly considering a Jazzy and after someone posted a black one on here made me want one now but i must resist for awhile..................................:think:

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ken I cant help you on the hammy pin situation because I dont even own a Hammy but just maybe I will this 2007. Im seriouly considering a Jazzy and after someone posted a black one on here made me want one now but i must resist for awhile..................................:think:

Resistance is futile.;-) :-d

1 - 19 of 19 Posts