WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow WUS members,

Today i received my new strap from WUS member hoppes-no9 and it's so awesome i just had to share some pics with y'all, enjoy!

pardon the mediocre iPhone 4 pics o|

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
That's a hoppes-no9 strap, all right. Can tell by the disappearing thread that pops up at the lugs. A cool touch.
But you're right about the photos. You can get away with phone shots of watches sometimes because we know what most watches look like, such as your Seiko. But a strap is a unique item, so good photos allow us to see the handiwork, patina etc. I'm sure there are many of us who would like to see some well-focused camera shots of this strap. [Hint, hint.]

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
jstroh -- here it is before I sent it to eBanga (great guy BTW). Of course I hope eBanga posts more photos of it on his OM, because it looks like a fantastic combination.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Thanks for the shot. Now you can see the stitch work clearly. I especially like how the leather shows its character near the end of the tail. Very nice. Nice buckle too.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Although I would love to post some awesome pics, my son has my digital camera with him so unfortunately I have to settle for the crappy iPhone 4 pics, like with most things the pictures doesn't do this beautiful strap justice, this strap is fantastic, the leather reminds me of my pony league catchers mitt :) rugged yet very supple, the tanning and the grain of the leather is wonderful, hoppes-no9 aka Dan is a class act, thanks again :-!
Cheers

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few more pics!

I have worn the strap for 2-3 days now and it's is breaking in nicely, you can really see the character of the leather :-!

·
Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator
6,341 Posts
Here is my Incoming Strap from Dan. Just a teaser! Pics to follow...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is my Incoming Strap from Dan. Just a teaser! Pics to follow...
that is a very handsome strap, i really like the minimal stitching, great color combo, i cant wait to see what you mount it on :-!

·
Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator
6,341 Posts
Dark Brown... Sure?!?... I don't honestly know what the color is called but yes, it appears to be dark brown. If you are interested in getting your watch done by Dan, send him a pic of the watch and he can make suggestions based on the leather that he had available. This is what I did... Just send him a PM and he will get back to you asap... great customer service

1 - 10 of 10 Posts