WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I bought a lovely hmt automatic watch, made in India, called the NASL-03.
Here are a couple of pics.
Enjoy! I certainly am!

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
Congrats, that is a nice watch, wish I could get some of those HMTs here in Europe.
Try below and see if they still import HMT watches.

M/s Tampere Bio-Protect Limited Address : P.O. Box No 217, Fin Tampere Finland Europe pin: 33201 Phone : (358) 3 2232837 Fax : (358) 3 2234402
M/s HMT Import Benelux
Address : Post Bus - 495, 7200 Al Zutphen Netherlands Europe Phone : (31) 575 530790 Fax : (31) 575 530790

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Munno, I can't do it myself, am all thumbs, but will take it to the service centre and ask them to open it up. Will do it some time in the weekend and post back.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Wow, Munno, that's a HUGE thread...I think I recall it from over a year ago when I was working to purchase two Pilots through Gansan (to whom I still owe a thousand apologies). Then I started having health issues and was not online here for almost a year. I'll try to re-read my way through it over the next little while.

This new auto is very attractive...does anyone have a line on the current prices for them?

Mike

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The MRP is Rs 3300 and there is a 10 per cent discount on mechanicals and a 25 per cent discount on quartz watches from hmt. It is really nice in the flesh (pardon the pun!); one of the most comfortable mechanicals I have tried on/worn.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Too bad they don't sell internationally. I bet they'd have quite the little following.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Too bad they don't sell internationally. I bet they'd have quite the little following.
It use to be very popular among over 1 billion population of India once upon a time but being a government organisation and poor management, they were left behind by the biggest watch manufacturer of India, Titan.

As much as I like HMT to regain their position in Indian market, I don't think that it will happen due to very strong leadership by Titan.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
naganaga, are you comfortable enough to open back case and see what caliber the movement is?
Very nice watch(es) naganaga. I have never heard of the NASL-02 & NASL-03 until you posted yours. Would you mind letting me know the dimensions of these watches. Also, what does the 'N' stand for in NASL. I have two ADSL (date only) models. (A=auto, D=date, S=Stainless Steel, L=Leather band)

It is my understanding that the HMT automatics have either a 6500 or 6582 caliber. I know my vintage HMT automatics have the 6500. And the 6582 has a quick-set day/date. So I would assume the ASDL/NASL have the newer caliber.

http://www.hmti.com/Html/Watches/DSP_MovModels.asp?sLevel=3&sGroupID=0024&sName=Gents&Pid=0002#

My ADSL-02 has a textured silver dial and my ADSL-03 has a blue dial. I'll post pics when I get a chance and also a movement pic if I'm brave. :)

Cheers,
gigfy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts