WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Friday I've been itching to order another G.... and since I began looking at G's the G2500's have always caught my eye... I never ordered for some reason but I finally decided I had looked at it long enough... The design, red lettering, exposed buttons (new for me), older module (2266), it's thinness, features, etc. drew me to it.....

Pic from 4-watches.com, yep, my 3rd from them in as many weeks...

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After checking the Casio site, it looks like the 3v version is still either being produced or they just haven't taken it off yet. This is the green one with the amber display, the 1v or the one pictured above hasn't been on the site in a while, so I'm assuming it is no longer in production either.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
An interesting model that has always been just off the main track, somehow.

Which adds to its appeal, of course!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Congrats Muxi Nick

I have the -3V model (dark olive with amber display). I was suprised the watch was so small, but it is a nice model. Due to it's un-symetric for very easy to recognise from a distance. The display is great, but I would have liked a countdown timer in stead of the day counter.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Congrats Muxi Nick

I have the -3V model (dark olive with amber display). I was suprised the watch was so small, but it is a nice model. Due to it's un-symetric for very easy to recognise from a distance. The display is great, but I would have liked a countdown timer in stead of the day counter.

I agree with Sjors, it's a great looking G-Shock; I would prefer it with CDT (though it does have plenty of alarms); and it's a little on the small side. It isn't really that small as a watch, it's just small for a G-Shock.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
It isn't really that small as a watch, it's just small for a G-Shock.
Ha ha LeX,

I always feel that as I wear a tiny 5600 and then see how really small "normal"digital watches are. I remember I got my F-91w's in. I couldn't find them in the boxes :-d:-d:-d

Cheers,

sjors

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I was winding my Vostok's up last night and pulled out my old F-91 which I keep in the same box, and it really does look tiny! :-s

Ha ha LeX,

I always feel that as I wear a tiny 5600 and then see how really small "normal"digital watches are. I remember I got my F-91w's in. I couldn't find them in the boxes :-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
another G i'm not quite sure of, it's like its trying to be a Frogman, but failing, what is the 'data memory' function?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
another G i'm not quite sure of, it's like its trying to be a Frogman, but failing, what is the 'data memory' function?
'data memory' can be used to store 'phone numbers or email addresses. I agree it looks a bit like a poor man's Frogman, but it does a very good job at the price.

The data memory feature can be quite useful. I was in town today without my mobile phone and wanted to check a friend was in before trekking across town to his house, and I had his number stored in my G2300. :-!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funny thing is, I'm not a fan of how the frogman looks.... I'm just not sure why I liked how this one looked. It was one that I always had to open another window in my browser and look at each time I checked my favorite sellers on eBay. After some searching and finding that these guys may be out of production and getting one new may become difficult, I went ahead and ordered. Only thing about the data function is that it will hold 5 digits per slot instead of 8 on the 2300 if I remember right... The price total was $45 so not too shabby for what I think is a cool looking watch, even if it is trying to be a poor man's frog man!! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts