WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
make it about 45-48mm 25+gb and have some sort of kick ass wireless headphone tech and I think it would be pretty dang cool. Especially if you could have apps that would make it useful for cycling and such...

·
Registered
6,029 Posts
i'd buy one of those as a watch! truth be told, it might even bump its way into my rotation

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
maybe.

they would have to clean up the movement though. the analog clock display on my iMac has "quartz second hand bounce". :) interesting detail.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

As can be seen above, the clip is slightly off-center. The Nano will work with any Nato or cuff-style band, but it won't be the cleanest look. The obvious solution is for Apple (or a third party) to manufacture a cuff-style band with a slightly off-center mounting strap, so that the Nano will appear centered. If the "iPod sock" pricing philosophy is any indication, expect to pay $40, $50, or more for $15 cuff bands with the Apple logo stitched on them...

At 40.9mm wide by 37.5mm tall by 8.78mm thick (including the clip) the Nano has classic wristwatch dimensions...

Lots of finishes to choose from on release day, with a red anodized "Project Red" coming, and I'd wager a high-polish silver/chrome limited edition at some point as well...

Think I'm talking myself into one. It's very, very trick... But just not me. It just seems a bit flashy. I'll admire the concept, but probably not indulge.

I am already imagining the deluge of funny posts that Nano watches will spawn on this forum in the future... "I was wearing my Patek Philippe, and a co-worker noticed a sales rep's Nano watch. Later they asked me, 'Who would spend all that money just for a watch?' I smiled and said nothing"...

Anybody with Photoshop skills want to make a mock up?

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
Now that you mention the size specs....I retract my previous statement of willingness to purchase one. That would look tiny as hell on my 9" wrist lol
9" wrist? We need to see a wrist shot of the Hulk! ;-)

I'd consider that if it had totally wireless bluetooth in-ear phones that are so tiny that they can be stored in the bracelet of the watch.

Using it only as a watch with a make-shift strap and not having Ipod functionality would be strange. OTOH, if there is a really good strap solution that looks integrated, it could be a cool watch with extra functions. However, having to charge it regularly with a cable is just too much trouble for a watch.

Till

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
Wow! That looks like a 38mm on me (6.5" wrist). And you're not even green. ;) Just wanted to check. BTW, I like that watch. It has a nice shine to it and I've never seen those "wiener" hands.

Till

·
Registered
720 Posts
Haha. Yeah it drives me nuts having such a big wrist. Its hard to find watches I like that dont look like women's watches on me. I think 46mm is about the smallest I can go. My Invicta 4902 is 52mm and looks normal lol.

I absolutely love my JSAR. Its my favorite watch. I appreciate the compliment.

So yeah, I think that Nano would look pretty ridiculous on my wrist. I'm game for an iPod Touch watch tho :)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yeah, that'd be perfect for a watch. Too easy though - just a custom strap and you're there. Really needs a steampunk/industrial style case, something with exposed screws, flip switches and an iris to cover the screen...

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
Haha. Yeah it drives me nuts having such a big wrist. Its hard to find watches I like that dont look like women's watches on me. I think 46mm is about the smallest I can go. My Invicta 4902 is 52mm and looks normal lol.

I absolutely love my JSAR. Its my favorite watch. I appreciate the compliment.

So yeah, I think that Nano would look pretty ridiculous on my wrist. I'm game for an iPod Touch watch tho :)
LOL! Ipod touch watch would seriously work for you. Good one! :-!

I'm not even totally kidding. I mean there are these wrist/arm straps for wearing your Ipod/Iphone while jogging. You could strap that to your wrist. There are really nice clock displays for the Iphone/Ipod. You can get brushed analog watch dials or retro style LED clock dials.

When you want to place a call or use any of the myriad of other functions you just take it out of the strap. If you're alone you could even leave it strapped to the wrist and just use the speaker phone.

Think about it. It would be the most feature rich watch on the planet and you are one of the few who could actually wear it.

Only caveat. My Iphone is sometimes a minute off. Not a very good time measuring device.

Till

·
Registered
679 Posts
What I really want is biscuit watch.
You can load 2 or 3 square biscuits on to the watch case and then when you are hungry on the train or something you can eat it and you can refill it when you're back home.
Or maybe reverso-style contraceptive pill watch for women, so if they forgot to take it and just remember when they're on the move, they can just flip the watch and take the pill from the reserve.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
To be a responsible guy (out of circulation) I would suggest a space for a "Prophylactic" at the back.

As the suggestion is with the watch - never on my wrist!!!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
To be a responsible guy (out of circulation) I would suggest a space for a "Prophylactic" at the back.

As the suggestion is with the watch - never on my wrist!!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
It was just a matter of time before Apple tried this, I'm surprised it took them so long?:think:
Yeah, now that it's been mentioned it seems like such an obvious idea. That iPod would actually be too small as a wristwatch for me, so there's no technical reason why it couldn't work. Just put some fixed lugs on there so you can strap a nato sort of strap on it and you have a watch. Design a custom strap or bracelet that holds additional batteries and you'd have long enough run time between charges (perhaps a week or so?) A color display around 300 dpi and you can generate unlimited watch apps that look similar in resolution to a photograph.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts