WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just yesterday, I had the opportunity to examine the new titanium JB Seamaster with tropical dial on fabric strap (authorized dealer). My knowledge of the O Seamaster line is weak at best and I knew nothing about this model until a friend put it in my hand.

The subdued case with the darkened dial markers and hands were actually quite attractive and complimented the five-stripe fabric band. On the wrist, this combination is truly featherweight. It would be very easy for me to forget I was wearing a watch at all (perhaps not a good thing in my case). This model was priced at $8,100 MSRP.

Lighting and issues with glare made a phone photo impractical, unfortunately.

A stock ad photo:

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
Just yesterday, I had the opportunity to examine the new titanium JB Seamaster with tropical dial on fabric strap (authorized dealer). My knowledge of the O Seamaster line is weak at best and I knew nothing about this model until a friend put it in my hand.

The subdued case with the darkened dial markers and hands were actually quite attractive and complimented the five-stripe fabric band. On the wrist, this combination is truly featherweight. It would be very easy for me to forget I was wearing a watch at all (perhaps not a good thing in my case). This model was priced at $8,100 MSRP.

Lighting and issues with glare made a phone photo impractical, unfortunately.

A stock ad photo:

View attachment 15642264
I’ve owned one since August last year. Everything you’ve mentioned is why I like it so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I generally don't have a problem with faux patina but this one is a bit too far in my opinion. Love everything else about the watch!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Normally not a fan of faux patina, but this one just works! The only way it would look better is if it had sword hands!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the wrist, I found the coloration choices for the Bond to be seriously attractive. Faux aging on anything is not for me but this watch really didn’t bring that theme. It’s just made with darker tones, not a poser at all (IMO). The materials and style would fit every day of my life at this point but yes, it’s pricy.

Edit: I’m def not picking on Omega for pricing relative to other manufacturers, especially the one which I’m not mentioning. Everything is too expensive, everywhere.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Too yellow for me, IMHO. The bezel isn't ceramic so it should ghost nicely, but yeah it's kind of prop yellow.

That being said, it's stilly an amazing piece I would be proud to add to my small collection

·
Registered
201 Posts
Love the watch, but....

1: The He valve is too tall and too conical - hate it
2: Not a fan of the flat mesh bracelet, but prefer the regular ones.
3: The price.... come on.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts