WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my white face Jellyfish!

What tools / technique is required to adjust the length of the bracelet? Or do I need to take it to someone with specialized tools?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I sized mine with two small screw drivers then micro adjusted it. I have a 7.25 inch wrist and had to remove 4 links.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I used two 1.4mm screwdrivers. Very easy to adjust. I also had to remove four links. I'm still fiddling with the micro adjustment. This watch just wants to ride lower on my wrist than my Seikos.

I'd invest in the tools if necessary. The jewelers local to me are little more than butchers and I'll never let them close to a watch of mine again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just Recd mine today, 3 days after it was shipped fm Spain to Singapore. Fedex came in pouring rain, typical of Singapore. Used 2 1.6mm screwdrivers, not sure but u have to be more careful with smaller sized ones. A lot easier to remove than the ones on some other watches. I removed 5 links and I consider myself a little on the heavy side.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Went to the dollar store and found a package of mini-sized screwdrivers. Removed 4 links and I'm set.

The watch looks great and is so comfortable I can't tell it's there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's one thing that has surprised me about the Jellyfish. For all its size and weight, it rides very lightly on the wrist. Much different from my Black Monster, which otherwise is very similar dimensionally. I suspect it's because it can be sized so much more easily. I never got the Seiko sized precisely because it was a such a pain to deal with the friction pins and split collars. Also, the clasp is smaller on the Jellyfish. The wetsuit extension on the BM was at one end of the clasp and not integrated into it. This made a much longer clasp and it never rode very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts