WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay my friends,

Some of you may remember my last post where I bought the Mudman http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/G-Shock/GW9000A-1/ 2 weeks after my wife said no more watches for 6 months! So it is pretty obvious I fit in and belong here on this board! :-d Well, I am now pondering my next purchase which I plan to make in the next few days and I am turning to the experts for some guidance. :-! I am looking at either a Gulfman or a Frogman. I am quite pleased with the 25th anniversary Frogman http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/G-Shock/GW225_Series/ . :p But a Gulfman would be cool, too.

So help me out. Which do you guys think I should get and which model? Take into consideration that I am now pretty accustomed to atomic and solar.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I'd suggest an atomic Gulfman (GW-9100) to start with. Perhaps even one of the LE models like an Ocean Grey or a white model LE if they're still around.

You can always get a frog later. :-d

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I agree with Bluegum, but then I am probably in a minority in not wanting watches with functions that I don't use, i.e. dive functions. If you dive, it's a different matter - just buy the one that tickles your fancy the most.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Both excellent choices. And both are easy to sell on if you change your mind, so no need to agonise too much about the decision; if you don't like the one you decide on, flip it and get the other! :-!

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you go for a Gulfman, try to get the chance to try one on. I have had the atomic and non-atomic versions and the straps werent too comfortable (a common complaint).

If you have the cash though, I would go for a Frogman - very comfy and you will learn to forego atomic timing just for how it looks/feels on your wrist.
Personal preference, but I would try for a Master Blue.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey Mike !

A translucent white Gulfman Dolphin and Whale of course :)
See my signature
You saw the pictures :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah yes, my friend Henri! :-!

I knew I could count on you fellows to point me in the right way. :thanks NOW, I just have to figure out a way to get it (the Gulfman!) first while letting the wife not find out until she sees it on my wrist. :-d

Henri - you do have a sharp Gulfman there, friend! I do want to look into one like you have that is solar and atomic but not the typical black/dark color.

Thanks again, my friends, it is so nice to have a place to come and share with people who are like myself - G-Shock addicts! ;-)

Mike

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Mike I have to get most my watches with US postal money orders. if I used my credit cards my wife would go freaking crazy :-d :-( :-d and I have to check my pm's

·
Registered
370 Posts
Henri - you do have a sharp Gulfman there, friend! I do want to look into one like you have that is solar and atomic but not the typical black/dark color.

Mike
Mike

A Gulfman without a moon phase and tide graph is no Gulfman to me.
(if you take the atomic version)

But it is your choice !:-d

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mike I have to get most my watches with US postal money orders. if I used my credit cards my wife would go freaking crazy :-d :-( :-d and I have to check my pm's
LOL! :-d I had a secret credit card but my wife intercepted the mail one day and thought "hmmm.....what is this?" She opened it and well, I work nights and was fast asleep as this was about 1:00pm and she tore into the bedroom and almost flipped over the bed (all 105lbs of her) with me in it like one of my instructors when I was in the Navy!!! :oops:

Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike

A Gulfman without a moon phase and tide graph is no Gulfman to me.
(if you take the atomic version)

But it is your choice !:-d
No worries, my friend - I always keep my options open! I will look at all my choices and see what catches my fancy. :-!

"Casio Mike" (A nickname Henri gave me on another watch forum)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well my good friends,

The Gulfman purchase will have to wait about 2 weeks because on a whim I went to the mall today and picked up a Citizen Skyhawk Eco-Drive! :-!

I felt it would be somewhat therapeutic for me to break free from my G-Shock addiction and try something new. :-s This by no means will be a regular thing - I just had to prove I could do it!

Mike

·
Registered
370 Posts
You did it Mike ! :-!
Wow! What a watch |>
But euh..... I'm missing the yellow markings on the bezel.
You forgot the Angels ? :oops:

Congratulations with this beauty

How many watches have you now?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts