WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new 45mm handwound and my friend has the 42mm.
One similar thing i noticed between the 2 snap on caseback it the top of it (12oclock positon) the caseback doesnt seem to be fully snapped on.
I can visually see it sticking out little bit more than other parts.

I am afraid to put too much force to force it back in so i stopped.

I am worried that moisture or water might go in eventually.

How are the everyone else case back? Same thing or snapped on nicely?

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Photos would really help. I have yet to see one of the newer case backs. The one on my 55 mm has a small notch for a case knife, but I doubt you would mistake something like that for a case back that isn't properly fitted. The back of my older version 42 mm ETA screws on, so that doesn't work for comparison. And the back of all my Miyotas are evenly spaced with the case. Photos....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just snapped pics.

Left side is nice and tight. Right side looks like its not fully tight and has some space in between.

Closer pic of the right side which i suspect is not snap on tight.

Left side which is tight and sealed.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Bro..seems like it is not snap on fully..Have you tried squeezing on that particular corner? does it move a single bit?

Here's a pic of my 42mm..

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Yes, I agree. Something isn't right there. If you know a reputable watchmaker with the proper press tools I would take it there. Otherwise, I suggest you email Laco with your photos. If it was my watch I would certainly want to get that taken care of; odds are it will only worsen over time.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Treat the watch like it has Zero water resistance. The chance is that even sweat could get in between due to the capillary action.
You should be ble to snap it on yourself.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, i will try to push it in myself at home...if it fails then i would try to bring to a watchmaker to do it.
If it fails then back to Laco it goes.

I thought there is a Laco rep in this forum?
Maybe she can chime in with some comments?

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Yes, but do not press against a small area of the crystal or the lugs( in Laco's case).
Press fairly hard, and increase the force gently.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well no luck guys, i went to a watch maker and he used a press, they case back would not snap back on.
Only way is to open it up and do it which i dont want.

So it looks like i need to send it back to Laco?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well no luck guys, i went to a watch maker and he used a press, they case back would not snap back on.
Only way is to open it up and do it which i dont want.

So it looks like i need to send it back to Laco?

Bro..where are u located? If you are in singapore can look for JW..

·
Registered
745 Posts
Malaysia.
I bought it direct from Laco.
So what is ur course of action? My the lume on my new laco is also unevenly coated.. I am still trying to contact them..

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
The local watchmaker should not have any problems popping the caseback of, inspecting the cause (seal issue?) and popping it back again. A long and potentially dangerous trip, all the way to Germany.....

·
Registered
745 Posts
The local watchmaker should not have any problems popping the caseback of, inspecting the cause (seal issue?) and popping it back again. A long and potentially dangerous trip, all the way to Germany.....

Janne, you made it sounds like the laco is going for the battle of britain..hahaha

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Worse..
Battle of FedEx. They take no prisoners!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Worse..
Battle of FedEx. They take no prisoners!

Janne, an idea on how much it cost to sent a watch back to laco via Fedex?

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Sorry, I have no idea.
Another reason to asjk for a new hand, and let your local "boy" fix it!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Sorry, I have no idea.
Another reason to asjk for a new hand, and let your local "boy" fix it!

I've checked on the rates..It cost me SGD$64 to send a package back to Germany..Local boys may charge me SGD$50 to replace the hand..But our local boys are pretty hard on watches, most of the watches hardly survive the masscare..

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
In that case it is much better for it to go back!

Laco do a really good job. Guaranteed!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts