WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready for Take-Off

C0356031-479A-4078-9FA7-2AECA30AAB94.jpeg

Since long Hanhart is known for the production of aviation chronographs. But looking at the history of Hanhart it is known that Hanhart also built watches for the Navy.

328D0275-209E-4780-B0F7-6FF79267D795.jpeg

Now Hanhart extends the PRIMUS Pilot collection with a new, modern aviator chronograph in royal blue: The PRIMUS Carrier Pilot. The Carrier Pilot somehow combines the Ocean‘s Blue with typical Flieger features, thus the name.

F4118820-0663-454C-A17A-289A23516224.jpeg

As with the predecessors from the 1930s, Hanhart relies on the proven bicompax design: the sub counters at 3 and 9 o'clock provide not only a harmonious appearance, but are with display of the small second at 9 o'clock and the 30-minute stop at 3 o'clock at the same time very useful.

850EFA7A-6546-4ED0-8941-BC7C4A05A7BD.jpeg

Specifications:

MOVEMENT

Automatic chronograph movement HAN3809
28,800 a / h, 4 Hz, 28 jewels
Power reserve at least 42h

CASE

Matt stainless steel sandblasted with flexible lugs
Red pusher, anodised aluminum
Diameter 44 mm, height 15 mm
Convex, one-sided, mirrored sapphire crystal
Screwed crown
Case back secured by screws with sapphire crystal
Fluted bezel with red markings
Waterproof up to 10 bar / 10 ATM according to DIN 8310

DIAL

Royal blue
Super-LumiNova® coated hands, numerals and indexes

STRAP

Textile blue with leather inlay for comfort
Folding clasp made of matt sandblasted stainless steel

PRICE

€2740

·
Banned
7,741 Posts
That’s really nice. Way to big for me, but nice nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
741 Posts
Beautiful watch. I wish Hanhart would make some smaller sized models as I really like the design but their case sizes are just a little too much for me.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful watch. I wish Hanhart would make some smaller sized models as I really like the design but their case sizes are just a little too much for me.
The Pioneer One in black, grey or blue is a smaller sized Hanhart.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I'm nitpicking but what is the story behind this one?

As far as I know, the Germans have never had an aircraft carrier (not counting the Graf Zeppelin).
Did hanhart make watches for US carrier pilots in the past or they just picked it as a cool name?

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm nitpicking but what is the story behind this one?

As far as I know, the Germans have never had an aircraft carrier (not counting the Graf Zeppelin).
Did hanhart make watches for US carrier pilots in the past or they just picked it as a cool name?
In the past they made chronographs for the „Kasernierte Volkspolizei“, predecessor of the NVA in the GDR, the Vixa Type 20 was made by Hanhart for the French Air Force. Nowatimes Hanhart still make high quality stop watches for US Air Force pilots.

The reason they picked the name: „The blue color in combination with a pilot chronograph in a matte case leads to the naming of the special chronograph.“

1 - 9 of 9 Posts