WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Orient Bambino Open Heart joins the range of Orient Bambinos.
I think they look really nice, don't know if I like them more than the classic Bambino range yet but definitely better than the other open heart models of Orient.

It has the F6T22 movement (Hand Winding and Hacking) and should fit under a shirt cuff at 12mm.
I'm personally digging the Blue, however, the Rose Gold is definitely worth a look.

Here is a link to their website: https://www.orientwatchusa.com/shop/mens-watches/ra-ag0001s10a/
And here are a couple of pics (taken from the website and instagram):

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Let me know what you guys think about this new model.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The small seconds now this, Orient want us all to go broke.

I agree, why not just keep it at 20 ? Very annoying when you're looking for an aftermarket strap, which is usually the case with Orients.
Yes indeed, so annoying ... Orient with their 21 mm lugs, and Seiko with their 19 mm lugs (on the venerable SNX111, for example).

Still, a 22 mm strap should squeeze in and look okay, especially if it tapers rapidly from the lug down ...

But otherwise agree that these are a great addition to the Bambino stable!

·
Registered
298 Posts
despite the already mentioned problems with the watch (a tad to big, lug with...): I dont like the open heart at all. Never saw a watch where it looked good - and it doenst work on the bambino either. Or should I say especially not on the bambino. The disign is clearly inspired by bauhaus. There is simply no "room" for such a thing as a open heart in a bauhaus design. It just doenst look right :/

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've never been a fan of open hearts, but this doesn't seem so bad. This is one of the few that I don't think I'd mind wearing. What makes me super happy about this though is that Orient is increasing it's range of watch offerings which should alleviate fears that they will be downsized. I know that was a concern not too long ago, but this introduction seems to prove otherwise.

I really think Orient offers some of the best value for money, if not the best value for money watches around. They also have a wide range of models and styles which can fulfill almost anyone's entire watch collection in my opinion. Apart from some of the seemingly minor issues (dress watch size, odd lug widths, QC issues), I'm glad that Orient is still expanding their offering. I have two currently, and hope to make that 3-4 one day when funds allow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I completely agree, Open Heart's can tend to look cheap and gimmicky. However, I think Orient has done a good job with this one. I love the fact that this is the first Bambino without a date. And yes with so many new models coming out, its onwards and upwards from here for Orient.

I've never been a fan of open hearts, but this doesn't seem so bad. This is one of the few that I don't think I'd mind wearing. What makes me super happy about this though is that Orient is increasing it's range of watch offerings which should alleviate fears that they will be downsized. I know that was a concern not too long ago, but this introduction seems to prove otherwise.

I really think Orient offers some of the best value for money, if not the best value for money watches around. They also have a wide range of models and styles which can fulfill almost anyone's entire watch collection in my opinion. Apart from some of the seemingly minor issues (dress watch size, odd lug widths, QC issues), I'm glad that Orient is still expanding their offering. I have two currently, and hope to make that 3-4 one day when funds allow.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I prefer a lot of the Bambino Small Seconds over a lot of the open hearts, but I must admit that the blue open heart is the best out of both lines. I've never liked an open heart watch until I saw the blue bambino. I'm holding out for a watch I can wear a blue leather strap with and this is definitely one that will be in the running.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.