WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New Lime Green Pathfinder

5K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  merc1 
#1 ·
Ok who's going to be to first to own this rock star?

Via Engadget:

Plotting their latest spread of watches this spring, Casio executives decided it was time to "go green." Some poor schmuck in R&D took them at their word. Thankfully for mother nature, the Casio Pathfinder PRG110C-3 is more than meets the eye; the watch -- suited for argonauts needing an altimeter, barometer, thermometer and digital compass -- also has a miniature solar cell built into its face to automatically recharge the battery. Though Casio's claim that this last will cut down on the three billion batteries Americans trash each year seems a little reaching -- watch batteries last a lot longer than a AA -- the timepiece does help the planet some merely by being packaged in recyclables. The $250 device will be available exclusively from Amazon, and yeah, the color you see here is the color you'll get.
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/19/casios-solar-powered-pathfinder-watch-plays-the-green-card-twic/

Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Exclusi...r_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1269028028&sr=8-2

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Having seen one first hand the PRG-110C-3 is much better in the flesh, the display is fascinating green it maybe lacking readability it is not. An ABC for the younger or sport orientated crowd, maybe even the ladies as the 110 is one of Casio`s smallest triple sensor ABC`s

Think Kawasaki green and you will be right on the numbers

Q-6

#4 ·
Im very confused about this model, in some pictures it appears as green as the kermit Frogman, a very deep and glowing bright lime green. And then there is pictures such as the ones posted by Queen6 where it appears very pale and boring. If it is pale green then im not to found of it!:rodekaart

#6 · (Edited)
Joakim, it`s far from being pale, just search out a Kawasaki green motorbike, the watch is a very vibrant green. I have looked at one in my local store, almost fluorescent in appearance.

If you can find a PRG-130GC-3 or PRW-1500C-3 the PRG-110C-3 is the same colour as the green highlights, very green :-d

Q-6

#16 · (Edited)
I've actually seen one worn by an older (in his late 50s) guy, about a couple of weeks back. It drew my attention immediately because of its bright b-) and green color! :-d Unfortunately it wasn't exactly color-coordinated with the clothes he was wearing:roll:....so it looked kinda strange on second thought:think:
Lee

#17 ·
Hello all..
Still quite a newbie and i would like to know if the PRG 110 and the PAW 1300 are the same watch?
And what the case diameter on this watch is (if they are the same) cos i love large watches.
on amazon (link below) it says 47.3mm for the PAW
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Reverse...00Y-1VCR/dp/B001W0YEZY/ref=pd_sim_dbs_watch_3
but on ebay it is listed as 56.9 for the PRG
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....84204&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3905wt_1165
The reason for this confusion is a quote from Queen6(quote below)
maybe even the ladies as the 110 is one of Casio`s smallest triple sensor ABC`s

#24 ·
Definitely, but in a fun way and thinking about it watches like this open the avenue for those that may otherwise discount an ABC as the weapon of choice. I kind of like it, only I would never pull it off apart from amusing the kids :-d That said if I was still riding a Kawasaki the 110C would be a must :-d

Q-6

#29 ·
yep, scooped that sucker up as soon as i had the chance. the color is super-excellent. didn't think it'd make it to the u.s. (and for 50 bucks cheaper i might add!), but wore it on a backpacking trip this past weekend and it worked out great as expected. highly recommend...also, i agree, i picked the green over the red because of the diminished readability on the red display.

merc.1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.