WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Luminox Ultimate Navy on my skinny wrist.
Now the search starts for straps.

After this forum made me interested in watch collecting I made my goal to collect 2 of each swiss,german,japan and russian watches. A dressy one and a beater.

I already bought a ORIS TT1 TITAN, now this completes my swiss collection.

Now onto Japaneese. I am really looking at the seiko spirit. But somehow I love big watches and I am thinking the spirit is a small.

I am looking at the below two straps, which one do you guys think would look better on this watch ?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Great looking Luminox! |>

·
Registered
881 Posts
Looks similar to my Luminox 8401. If you like Seiko and you like big check out the Landshark. I changed out the stainless oyster band (which looks great) for the yellow kevlar that matches the hands almost perfectly. It makes the watch more comfortable to wear.

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Very nice Luminox :-! . I really dig the bezel on that one. May have to consider another Luminox for the collection.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
New Luminox Ultimate Navy on my skinny wrist.
Now the search starts for straps.
I am looking at the below two straps, which one do you guys think would look better on this watch ?

Of those two I would pick the first|> But I would think that maybe a carbon fiber type might look good because it's pattern would sort-of match up with the bumpy look that's on the bezel. Or maybe a band that had a knobby look...:think: Well, that's the best I can do at 8AM! :)
Anyway...it's a great looking watch. Wear it in good health!:-!
Dave

·
5,160 Posts
Congrats on a fine looking watch. Only problem is... now that I've seen it.... I WANT ONE!!! O|

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts

Now onto Japaneese. I am really looking at the seiko spirit. But somehow I love big watches and I am thinking the spirit is a small.
The Spirit automatics (SCVS series) are listed as 37.5 x 11.2mm but mine wears bigger than any of my other <40mm watches with the exception of one SS Chrono that is 39mm. If you want overpowering size on your wrist - go with a Diver from Seiko. If you want a dress watch that is a superior buy and wears with some presence without overwhelming - the Spirit is your choice.:think:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys.

I liked the 8401 too. I preferred this one for the 10 year battery life
and the sapphire crystal all for 200 bucks !

Will update you again once I have it on a new strap.

·
Registered
505 Posts
That looks very nice on the wrist.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
That is a beauty, congrats!
I like your first strap pic, though I agree that a carbon fiber or even kevlar would look good too. I went with a black Zulu for my Luminox 3101, it is my Scouting/camping watch and a compass fits nicely on the Zulu below the watch (in case I get lost in the woods :-D ).

As far as Seiko goes, Doc's Spirit is a beauty! I have a number of Seiko divers including the Landshark. The solid bracelet that comes with it is great, but I put a navy blue NATO on mine to emphasize the "tool" look. The classic black Seiko diver is the 007, but there are a lot of choices plus vintage like the 6309. I myself would love to snag a LE titanium version of the Landshark or the blue Samurai. So many choices!

Cheers,
Griff

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.