WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After ditching the famed M-Force moniker a few years ago in favor of the Triton, Orient now takes a swift U-turn and releases a new M-Force!

The new model is a 47.3mm wide beast, which while omitting the power-reserve indicator (as all non-Star Orients now do) would presumably retain the M-Force's robust construction and build quality.

Orient announced 5 variations of the new beast:

• Reference RN-AC0L01B features a black dial, black bezel, and a stainless steel bracelet.
  • Ref. RN-AC0L02R offers a red dial, black dial and steel bracelet.
  • Ref. RN-AC0L03B features a stealthier version of the black dial, an all-black case, and a silicon strap.
  • Ref. RN-AC0L04L has a green dial and silicon strap.
  • Ref. RN-AC0L05G is a limited edition of 1,600 units, featuring a "Jaguar Focus" dial, along with a bronze-plated case and crown guards.

More details, at The New 2020 Orient M-Force

Attachments

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Looks great! Hopefully they ditch the stamped clasp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we all miss the PR indicator :cry: ...but, AFAIK the current Orient policy is that PR only goes on Orient Stars. Still keeping fingers crossed for a new Star OSD!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
IMO, Orient would sell more of the new M Force if it were closer size-wise to the EL0A & Triton. 52 mm LtL will really limit it's appeal.

As others have commented, here's hoping for solid endlinks and a milled clasp.

The 'blue' version's color looks VERY similar to the blue OS gen 1 M Force diver. It is, as you comment, more of a teal-blue color closer to the EX04 pic I posted. Now Orient just has to resurrect the 'pastel' yellow dial.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Oh my, that green/teal dial version on strap is strongly calling. I’ll be keeping an eye on pricing in the coming months.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Looking again at the new M Force, The crown guard shape/location has a taste of Yema Superman/Navygraf to my eye. I too will keep a close eye on it's arrival in the US and pricing.

·
Registered
930 Posts
It figures, I find this thread after sending my 2014 M-Force into Orient for an overhaul and repair.

Still interested in the new models. Both the red and "Jaguar Focus" have my attention. But something about the crown guards just throws off the aesthetics :unsure:

·
Registered
930 Posts
I’m reading that the lug width is now 20mm :confused: Seems crazy on a 47mm watch. 20mm lug width looks goofy on the Seiko Sumo which is 45mm in diameter. Why couldn’t they go with the divers “standard” 22mm?

For reference lug width was 24mm on the old model. Made strap choices a tiny bit more challenging versus 22 mm but at least it fit the portions of the watch.

Love the look of your crimson beast.
Thanks. Even if I take it out of rotation I’m holding onto it, as much for looks as for sentimental reasons.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Any news on these? They’re on the Orient global site but don’t seem to be on sale anywhere :unsure:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Interesting .... I didn't like it until a few days ago, but now - loock nice to me...:D

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'd rather hang onto my old MForce than deal with fleaBay. How are these not on sale from reputable sellers?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
JTK,

I expect Serious Watches, Creation Watches, LIW and Orient US will list the new M Force shortly, the new AC0K is now available through Orient US.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Anyone tried one of these yet? Can't find any reviews online. I'm very curious if they have the wobbly crown that some older M-Force watches had.

Also, does anyone have information on the F6727 movement these have?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone tried one of these yet? Can't find any reviews online. I'm very curious if they have the wobbly crown that some older M-Force watches had.

Also, does anyone have information on the F6727 movement these have?
I just got mine the other day! So far so good, it feels tough but somehow, light and highly wearable.

The crown is not wobbly at all - quite the opposite, it's super solid.

I'll give it a week or two on the wrist, and will surely write a full review as soon as possible.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts