WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
A good choice I think. The grey with a touch red looks great. Would love to see a wrist shot. Worried that it will look silly on my girly 7 inch wrist.

·
Registered
689 Posts
What a shame the 2020 M-Force is no where near the great looking of the discontinued M-Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The new M Force is more an homage to the early EX series M Force. The rounded bezel, hands and bezel guard all go back to the 80's & 90's. Of course those M Forces were less tool-like and more elaborate. Orient would do well to introduce a pastel yellow or creamsicle orange or royal blue colorway in tribute to the first series.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I miss the power reserve but I still think they look cool.

Creamsicle orange sounds nice. Or maybe a robins egg blue....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well... I took the "effort", worn the M-Force the entire week, which was not such a bad thing at all, and hurried up to write a detailed review.

You're welcome to read it right here > Orient's 2020 M-Force Watch Review

As you can see, it did not take me long to get to like the thing. Despite old M-Force nostalgia getting in the way...

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I enjoyed your writing, a very good review, w/ a lot of useful info about size and fit. I am surprised it's the same weight as the new OS Diver, it looks heavier. Now I'm sort of conflicted about which model to buy, the new Triton or the new M Force.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Green/blue dial M-Force finally (28 days later!) arrived from Jomashop. It's colorful, dramatic, and (at least visually) very worthy of the M-Force name. That being said.... the crown is terrible and wants to cross thread every time I try to screw it down. Very disappointed because in every other way I really like the watch. I've basically decided that Orient screw down crowns are mediocre at best. Probably won't be buying an Orient diver for a long time. It's a shame that Orient and Seiko can't seem to fix their quality control issues.

This is my first order from Jomashop and I'm very curious to see how their customer service is...

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Ace,

I noticed the New M Force crown and I can't say I like the looks. The old M Force crown is far more 'toolish' and rugged. The threading is a known issue, it's not smooth. I've used a tiny dab of high pressure silicone grease on all my watches and that really smooths out the crown feel when threading back on. If I buy a new M Force I'll order a replacement original M Force crown.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Well... I took the "effort", worn the M-Force the entire week, which was not such a bad thing at all, and hurried up to write a detailed review.

You're welcome to read it right here > Orient's 2020 M-Force Watch Review

As you can see, it did not take me long to get to like the thing. Despite old M-Force nostalgia getting in the way...
Great review, I just bought the turquoise gradient one.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
How is the crown on your M-Force? Still trying to figure out if I just got a bad one...
The crow on mine is really very good. One of the better “pops” and fairly smooth screwing in ones I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 61 Posts