WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good looking pair of Orients. How do you like the Jag Focus 'Baby Triton'?
I really like the bezel action of that last gen Triton. I guess its the same of the original. Best bezel action and grip of all the watches I own.

Regarding the Jaguar focus bronze plated LE models, as you can see I kind of like it. The one on the right is the JDM version Kanji calendar only.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Is there an option this thingy can be removed?
Looks like the watch has a tumor with that thingy sticking out!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Is there an option this thingy can be removed?
Looks like the watch has a tumor with that thingy sticking out! View attachment 15789914
Yes. Two allen socket screws are fastening this crown guard. You will decrease case diameter to around 45mm this way.

Not for everyone, but I do like that design. It is mecano-assembled like the shroud of the Seiko Tuna. It really is a shield in itself. So overbuilt. So M-Force.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yes. Two allen socket screws are fastening this crown guard. You will decrease case diameter to around 45mm this way.

Not for everyone, but I do like that design. It is mecano-assembled like the shroud of the Seiko Tuna. It really is a shield in itself. So overbuilt. So M-Force.
Oh that’s nice. I would like to see any pictures without the crown guard if you have them. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Oh that’s nice. I would like to see any pictures without the crown guard if you have them. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought the raised shroud would be somehow different but still there underneath the crown guard, but actually not. It is rather flat with a rounded groove.

IMO the watch looks ok from the view of the wearer. But obviously the presence of those two threaded holes makes this side of the watch appear like something is missing, when looked directly at it. I tried with the screws back on but they are too prominent to make the watch look good that way.

If I had an eye on that watch but disliked the crown guard, to me this wouldn't be a show stopper, given the tool nature of the watch.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My (second) M-Force arrived. The crown on this one doesn't want to cross thread when you screw it in. However, it has almost no "pop" when you unscrew it. Fairly happy because the price was excellent in my opinion ($258 from Creation).

PS - The previous M-Force from Jomashop came with a generic Orient box. The one from Creation came with an actual M-Force box.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Interesting, I can see two possible directions w/ the guard. #1. Find metric screws to replace the original guard screws, the decorative screws would lend a Orient Brazil look. #2. Grind/cut away some of the guard, especially on the ends, to produce a somewhat slimmer look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine just arrived! Quick thoughts. The rubber strap is really comfortable. The color looks amazing. Fits really well on my 7.25 inch wrist. Crown has no wobble. The bezel is really smooth.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mine just arrived! Quick thoughts. The rubber strap is really comfortable. The color looks amazing. Fits really well on my 7.25 inch wrist. Crown has no wobble. The bezel is really smooth.

The only one I don't have in the "Jaguar Focus LE" line (since I already have it in two other color variations).

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only one I don't have in the "Jaguar Focus LE" line (since I already have it in two other color variations).
I was originally going to get the all black one but the gold/bronze just grew on me. I really, really love the color. The jaguar triton you have looks amazing!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was originally going to get the all black one but the gold/bronze just grew on me. I really, really love the color. The jaguar triton you have looks amazing!

Yeah, now I think I'm done with the Orient 2020 divers ... they know it ... they release full of awesome colourways and then we can't resist buying more than one variant ...

But as usual with Orient, no buyer's remorse!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts