WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I thought I would put up a few pic's of the new Mako divers I received. The orange model I got about a month ago and the blue 2 day's ago.

These watches just amaze me as to their quality & workmanship for their price.The blue is especially stunning with an almost jewel like appearance of the dial.

I posted a few pic's of a Blue SUMO and 007 for comparison, and some wrist shots. My wrist is 8.25". Forgive the moderate quality of the pic's and a bit of dust I missed.

Don.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Beautiful pics and nice little collection you got going :) Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Thankyou ,
One of these day's I'm going to have to learn about lighting!:-s
IMO it's what photography is all about! Yours looks good....I will tell you soft lighting (vs harsh) is worthy of experimenting with ;-)

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I also like the 'new' mako. The revised bezel is much more appealing. The old style never looked right to me. Now it's almost Sumo-like (for 1/3 the price !)
I hate to be "that guy", but there's nothing really Sumo-like about these watches outside of the size. And that's coming from a guy that's owned both the blue and the black Sumo, and flipped them both.

IMHO, the only advantage that the Hogrider has is the lug width (and wider bracelet as a result). Otherwise, the Sumo is far superior and is easily worth the extra dough.

Just my opinions though. ;-)

·
Registered
309 Posts
I hate to be "that guy", but there's nothing really Sumo-like about these watches outside of the size. And that's coming from a guy that's owned both the blue and the black Sumo, and flipped them both.

IMHO, the only advantage that the Hogrider has is the lug width (and wider bracelet as a result). Otherwise, the Sumo is far superior and is easily worth the extra dough.

Just my opinions though. ;-)
I agree that the Sumo is superior, both in finishing and movt. :) It just has the 'look' of a Sumo w/the blue dial and blue bezel from afar.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guy's, thanks for all the responses.

To me, this new Mako or whatever title the populace decides on, does seem to fit the bill as Orient's answer to the Sumo at a very reasonable price.
It's size and feel certainly give me that impression.

In it's appearance I would have to say it has the feel and look of a Omega PO.You really have to have one in your hands to appreciate the quality of the piece.
In the same vain as the Sumo is a fantastic watch for it's reasonable price which I think could easily demand more,the Mako is in a similar position in it's particular price range which at some time in the future after many may find out the qualities of this watch and it's popularity grows so will it's price.

That why I think I'll pick up the black one soon.You just can't beat the price! :) Don

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Good looking Hogriders you got there. Mind if I borrow some of your pics for the size comparison archive? It would be good for others to see how the Hogrider compares to other watches.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Great pictures! Great watches! :-! Your pics really shed some light on the Sumo for me. That is a blue bezel insert, correct? In most other pics it looks black. Those Makos look very nice by the way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.